Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just my opinion but when i walked in i thought is this all , after all the talk i think i was expecting alot
but after walking around and having a look and a talk to some of the people at the stands i was pretty happy and
i managed to blow all my money on a few snakes
i thought the reptile display was well done
i think a good idea for the next one would be having some talks like on keeping , breeding . different species requirements

Yeah Robbo, that's a good idea.
I had beardy care sheets out and someone actually passed comment that mine were the only care sheets that they saw :shock: Now I didn't go around looking for them myself, but I would have thought that there would have been more out there?? It's important that people know how to look after the animals that they have just blown their money on ;) lol
Bex

I didn't get to meet 1/2 of you all but I was there. What a great display for people to come see and learn, I think that's what it is all about. Great to meet you finally Afro & moosenoose, for the 1st year, VHS, I don't think you can go wrong. How many did you get through the door, more to the point? I was there that's all I can say, I wil be there next year either as an exhibitor or as a visitor it will happen.

That was truely an awesome day. Well done to all involved.

Some awesome folk their, thoroughly enjoyed it.....

Picked up a pair of darwins and some olives so im wrapped.

Cant wait till the next one...

Overall l thought it was pretty good, haydz really enjoyed it ,though l did tend to think that it was more like a sales show than an exibition but l guess it will only get better :D

Kendrick was disappointed, his opinion, he asked for yours, lay off him, pick pick pick.

"i hope there is a 2nd expo and hopefully its alot bigger!"

well to all the people that wernt to impressed, please stop and think about things for a minute,.......................!!!!
Now this time of year is breeding season, so for breeders out of the state of vic it is a hard call to up animals and move them, even for a few days, so the turn out was probally not what you all expected.
Souly PMed me a number of times,(and various other interstate breeders i imagine),to try and get me to come and was really keen to get as many breeders as possible to show but the timing was all bad . hope fully next year it will be brought forward a couple of months so that more can atend and bring suitable animals.
Souly,- if eveything goes to plan you will be able to display a number of our animals yourself and myself and Dave can just wander around, drink and create havock,(all in the best possible taste of course), but i dare say that Dave will certainly liven up any herp gathering, to say the least.!!!!
Would of liked to met a few people i have spoken to but not as yet met, ie neil sonnaman, and greg fyfe.
Plus i would of loved to hang out and hassle pailsie again, all top blokes in my book.
It would also of been good to met john wigel.
Any way guys even thou i was not there, any herp gathering is a good gathering and it should only get better with time as most things do.
Good on ya guys for the imense effort that i know must of gone in to it.

sorry,- forgot to add that it would of been heaps of fun metting all you APS deros,bumpkins,degenerates,sickos,numbnuts,and all round not normal people,
was mr bredli there.?? got to get on the turps with that man, hes got my sence of humour.

Considering it was put togther in a short space of time and being the first one i think it was very good , great effort and well done to all that were involved in organising it

we thought the expo was great. we took the video camera and got some great footage of the scrubbie, the albinos and even talked roy into getting down one of his green tree pythons for us too look at. Now if it wasnt for this expo we would never of been able to see any of these snakes in real life, so all i have to say is well done guys was an extremely enjoyable day :)

i enjoyed it, being quite new to all of this, i found it very informative.
i loved looking at all that was on show (and possibly getting down the track :D )
wasn't confident enough to ask who was who - maybe people could wear aps name tags?
thank you to the people that put in such a great effort. can't wait for the next one.

My name tag actually DID have my APS user name on it ;)
But people mainly recognised my pics of the beardies lol
Bex

I had beardy care sheets out and someone actually passed comment that mine were the only care sheets that they saw

and a pretty good one at that, read it on the drive home. i agree there were few care sheets but I did notice that the people who had questions were having them answered by the vendors.

Just one thing I didn't notice a single gecko on display, i was hoping to see a couple different species in person but oh well.

i also thought, considering it was the first ever expo that it was a good size. i myself did several laps of the area chatting with various people etc.

Once again very well done expo, my hat comes off to the VHS committee,

Andrew

re EXPO

Sounds positive for the hobby in general. TARA MOSS yeh baby yeh :p :D The old herpers,think ide rather meet humphrey bear poooooh!! :wink:

SLACkra said:
i agree there were few care sheets but I did notice that the people who had questions were having them answered by the vendors. Andrew

At the HerpShop stall we were manning people were queued waiting to ask Daavid questions...and while they waited they were given heaps of info while listening to him speak to the ones infront of them. :D They were all very pleased to hear 'hands on' experience and knowledge.
:wink: then with a smile most would say "Oh you are the one that did the care sheet on laying heat tape under tiles etc etc"

Must remember to bring care sheets along to the next one...good idea!

SLACkra said:
Just one thing I didn't notice a single gecko on display, i was hoping to see a couple different species in person but oh well.

I was wondering the same thing...Tons of snakes, but not a whole lot of anything else. I REALLY wanted to stumble on some gecko species that i just had to buy right then because they were too cheap to pass up...

I was impressed with the number of people walking through!

I didn't know their were GTP's! Damnit!

I picked up a gorgeous little female stimmi to start my snake collection, and no doubt willl be picking up another from Mr Daniel Fitzgerald next week. Nice bloke.

Um, did anyone notice that Tara was wearing Snake Skin boots! (Fake I hope!) Tallest lady ever.

Hi, I think it was a very good expo. As a "newie" to herps I found alot of information around at each of the tables. It was really good talking with breeders that were there.
I do have one idea though - maybe next time, when an announcer is talking about specials at each vendor - maybe you should have like a red light or something to identify where the actual specials are. I found it difficult to follow where the announcer actually was.
I also agree with Draco, it would have been good to see all the APS names on a tag so that I could say hello to people you have spoken to on this site.
Other than that, I applaud the organisers. It was a great first expo and I will certainly be going to the next. :D

I think that I was one of the luckiest people there to be next to the HerpShop display!! I learned alot myself just by hearing Daavid talk lol! And Judy - I have never been so tempted to buy a book in my life!! The Complete Chondro is the next on my 'to buy' list! All I kept hearing was Daavids raving reveiws about it lol

Oh, and Slacky, I don't know if they sold before you got there or something, but in the morning, Pails had Thick Tails.
Congrats again guys!! Loved it!! And I'm STILL buzzing!!
Bex :)

pails had a fair few gecko's in click clacks when i was there at about 1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back