Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. 1am not the best time to post tech stuff but I got 3 frillies tonight but only 2 tomorrow as one is sold. I keep the pair in a big cage (4x2x6) but the guy I got them from had each one in a 2x2x4 foot high cage each. Here is their enclosure (just dipped out for a phot shoot I did)

Gilleni said:
im keen as to get one when i can get my class 2 licence..

Me too and I only have to wait a year. Then I will definately be adding some bells lacies and some frilles to the collection.

Maybe even a GTP and a couple of perenties should I happen to stumble upon the winning lotto numbers :D

I was meant to pick up a Bells on the weekend from Shane Black but he got bit by his Firece Snake and was in hospital until today. I am going to pick it up tomorrow if it is raining.

Nice one! I'm about to get turtles, but they're for my mum for her birthday cos my girlfriend says I have too many pets already! Just wait till they start breeding, I say! LOL
My sister (my licence so its really mine) has a 2yo diamond and I used to have a nice docile 5-6 foot one. (I also used have 2 hatchy EWD's before I found out about licences SHHH)
They're both beautiful animals and great pets!

Pete, am I going blind? Are they in the enclosure or not?

yeah Reed. My wife is not a big reptile freak like Misky is so I gotta entice her with nice furniture and stuff. I am probably the only herper who spends more on enclosures than on herps!!!

And Misky, of course pics will follow. this is me remember.

I've wanted the EWD's for years but back when I had a licence when I was living in Victoria I didn't have the internet so I used to buy my reptiles from the pet shop and at $200 each for EWD hatchies they were a bit out of my price range at the time considering that I wanted to have a few.

Yeah, my first CP was $275 on its own, $499 with all the stuff they threw in, from Kellyville Pets. Then I discovered the internet but my next 2 were off mates, much cheaper than shops.

I'm with you on the prices etc Misky. I didn't know anything about reptiels in the net until some time this year. I bought a pair of EWD's in 2000 for a pet shop in Melbourne. I aded another 2 females from URS in 2001. I paid way over the top from Melbourne but got a good price from Ultimate Reptiles.

anyway, after 5 years I realised my male was actually a female even after the sales guy at the pet shop boasted how he could sex dragons. What a waste. and now after 3 months about 50 eggs.

Since joining this forum I have increased my knowledge tenfold.

I dopnt even want reptiles sold in pet shops in NSW any more. I dont need it.

Pete said "I dopnt even want reptiles sold in pet shops in NSW any more. I dont need it."

I agree! Who needs pet shops when we have all these classifieds available with competeing breeders keeping the prices down!

Oops, forgot. still on holidays since 17 Dec so I am way out of touch with days & dates & stuff like that. OH, and CP, kellyville pets??????

The prices in some places are ridiculous!! I went to a reptile dealed around here about a week ago and he wanted to charge me $750 for an unsexed diamond hatchie! I guess they think they can charge that much and that nobody knows any better... but I do now :lol:

Stephen Leisk is a private breeder who works there so its not really the shop selling them but they do advertise them there and have had them on display there at least once.
Funny how all the rules can be bent eh!

Well, Misky, if he can find enough suckers to buy them all at that price then good on him I say, but I sure won't go to him!

I agree Rennie, all the reptile looked healthy and well cared for so as long as his not ripping me off my hard earned dollars all the luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back