Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Les the olive was probably glad to get the taste of your nose
out of its mouth LOL. Catch up soon Mark
Mark, like you say the Olive was probably glad to get the taste of my nose out of its mouth after eating the weaner rat, l myself would not want to taste my nose thank god my tongue cannot reach my nose, l will catch up with you soon Les.:)

pythons -quail feeds
Brent, long time no hear its good to see your giving all your Pythons a variety of food, by offering them Quail instead of just Rats or Mice only.

l will give you a call as soon as l get some free time, thanks for sharing photos of some of your Pythons feeding, they all look so awesome and in very good health going by what l can see in your photos.:D

My little womas are pigs: 3 weaner mice each. (I am getting through a bag of 100 weaners before I buy more food.) The female likes hers dried off, but by the third one, she didn't care!
Female's dinner:
DSC03842.jpg

DSC03845.jpg

DSC03848.jpg

Male's dinner (you can just see the previous 2 lumps on his third one...)
DSC03844.jpg

DSC03849.jpg

DSC03850.jpg

Spotted was hungry, too. He is a well-grown adult (9 years old) and gets small rats.
DSC03851.jpg

lovin these pics!

Ooooh I'm loving these feeding pics!! its got me onto youtube and I've been watching snakes eat prey for hours now! Thanks everyone!

Love that first shot Tristan, love it when you can see the little needle-like teeth :)

Here's our big girl having a feed.
Enjoy

5778826648_1f81ee216b.jpg

5778826656_003c7b92d6.jpg

5778826658_c7083bb1a9.jpg

5778826662_0f24d15c9b.jpg

5778826666_0a3023ef86.jpg

Its a medium sized rabbit and she had a xl rat afterwards.....

Love that first shot Tristan, love it when you can see the little needle-like teeth :)
thanks Tahlia, i was trying to get some teeth shots, i think they are pretty awesome when you can see them.

The second last one is AWESOME. Photo comp worthy, for sure.

cheers mate, i never thought about the comps before, ill have to consider it now.

Here's our big girl having a feed.
Enjoy
Its a medium sized rabbit and she had a xl rat afterwards.....

is she a messy eater? you have the whole corner floor covered in paper ha, i cant wait till my SWCP is big enough to eat bunnies tho i don't think ill be as happy when i have to pay for it or clean up after lol

My little womas are pigs: 3 weaner mice each. (I am getting through a bag of 100 weaners before I buy more food.) The female likes hers dried off, but by the third one, she didn't care!
Female's dinner:
DSC03842.jpg

Dumb question, but what substrate are you using?

is she a messy eater? you have the whole corner floor covered in paper ha, i cant wait till my SWCP is big enough to eat bunnies tho i don't think ill be as happy when i have to pay for it or clean up after lol

hahah yeah, her teeth are a decent size for her and she usually makes the rabbits bleed.
Price wise, she's not that exy to feed, First time she'll breed is this season and normally only feed her once every 3 weeks during the warmer months. Im paying $35 for 2 medium rabbits, so works out about $100 a year in food. Not too bad at all.

Dumb question, but what substrate are you using?
I'm using wood shavings for the womas. I got a huge bag of compressed shavings for $35 - lasts ages. They like to burrow through them and the shavings seem to absorb moisture and odours very well. I've started using them in a light layer on top of newspaper for my Morelia, too. I don't use the newspaper for the womas because they'd burrow under and I'd never see them!

img-0554-202219
img-0554-202219
[video=facebook;1890121564990]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1890121564990&saved#!/video/video.php?v=1890121564990&comments[/video]

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 56
DSCF4376.jpgloaf havin her 2nd feed since having her sorry about the darkness of photo i didnt want to put the flash on

lil jungle bub,

he's a 2011 hatchy, and has grown tonnes.

I was cleaning his water-bowl, and he moved into the spot I usually put it, so it was put back once he finished eating.

I'm using wood shavings for the womas. I got a huge bag of compressed shavings for $35 - lasts ages. They like to burrow through them and the shavings seem to absorb moisture and odours very well. I've started using them in a light layer on top of newspaper for my Morelia, too. I don't use the newspaper for the womas because they'd burrow under and I'd never see them!

Awesome, thanks for that :)
I've been looking for a good, cheap substrate that my Woma can dig through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back