Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I might share this photo I quickly got the other day, its not the best pic cause I had to rush it.

Attachments

• 20130218_152405.jpg
    20130218_152405.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 173
I won't read through the 2000+ posts, but does anyone on here keep south-westerns, or have any pics of them? Cheers

Thanks Bananapeel, he did that after digging his way under that wood in the pic, I have a video of him digging but I'm not sure how to upload it oh well. All of this was done after only being on the sand for 5 min lol he had a blast :)

Awesome photo there Christopher!! I have caught mine digging a few times but havent managed to get any pics or video yet.

Nice Sara , looking the goods , my girl looks like she's getting nice peachy colored banding from her last few sheds , she went from the black to chocolate brown now its kinda peachy I actually really like the way she's heading With the bands

Howdy Woma owners/keepers,

...Still unsure which way to go however I am looking at a breeding pair, or a male/female hatchy/yearling pair.....just unsure whether to develop a pair from a young age or buy a ready made breeding pair.

Open to advice and suggestions.

Many thanks guyz and galz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy Woma owners/keepers,
...Still unsure which way to go however I am looking at a breeding pair, or a male/female hatchy/yearling pair.....just unsure whether to develop a pair from a young age or buy a ready made breeding pair.

Open to advice and suggestions.

Many thanks guyz and galz.

Personally I'd buy a young pair , although then you do run the slight risk that you don't actually have a pair but that's part of the. Game

I bought my male with no intentions of ever breeding , then A few months later I started thinking why not , so I got my female so they where around the same age size when they are old enough

To me anyone with half a brain can go buy a breeding pair and put them together , I just like the idea of growing up a hatchy , then getting to breed them to me I feel it would be more rewarding as you have had to grow them , meeting their needs and keeping them reasonable happy so they will breed , it's all your work , no short cuts

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy to tell the difference between a male and a female once they reach mating size. Once your outdoor temps begin to decline the males will go off their food and start pacing, that is despite the artificial heating in the enclosure/tubs - even in summer! Both my males have stopped eating and are pacing around their habitats, yet the female is still powering along, relaxed, and always seemingly hungry.

Males usually go off their food when outdoor temps begin to drop -or- air pressure remains relatively lower for an extended period of time. Females rarely go off their food for any reason, at least in my experience.

Just picked up this little tanami girl this morning (thanks Kelly aka Gecko :)). Going to be a long wait till i can pair her with my other tanami

P1040568591x640.jpg

P1040571581x640.jpg

P1040575640x480.jpg

@ sara_sabian post 2069 - they're beautiful womas you've got. Did you breed any this season, and are they of a specific locality?
Cheers

My new pickup from the Penrith expo

WzJLzB9.jpg

rp3FE04.jpg

@ sara_sabian post 2069 - they're beautiful womas you've got. Did you breed any this season, and are they of a specific locality?
Cheers

I rested the mother of these in 2012 but I should have 2 clutches later this year, I'm pairing the mother of this clutch with the striped male on page 133, I'm also doing a sibling pairing from the clutch previous to the one that produced the bright white girl. They are tanami locale.

I FINALLY got some good photo's that show off my pairs true colours, yay! They also shed recently so are looking really nice at the moment.

These are Topaz Tanami from SxR - hoping to breed them this season ( very excited, will be the first time i've bred Woma :D )

p1170806.jpg

p1170773m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back