Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to see some more at the Royal Adelaide show this year, first year for snake comp and judging so I've heard.

Come on No-Two don't be shy post away, about time we got some more SA locales posted in this thread especially those silvery ones :)

I don't really take photos of them very often, they're all for me. ;)

Here is one of my holdbacks from a few seasons ago starting to get some size, and a topaz from the same season. Nothing too exciting though.

I've got some around 7ft. They're pretty good sized womas.

now we just need to see some photos of your big ones to see how big they actually get.....not this piddly hatchy ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Mum was just shy of the two metre mark, so should be a big girl and she will be a handful if she keeps her attitude up.

i think youll find the majority of womas are like that while young and everythings huge and scary but they settle down.....generally. There are definately exceptions to the rule though. I was nearly too slow the other day and when opening one of my enclosures had it strike n i literally felt it hit the whiskers on my chin :S really glad i pulled back in time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My snake just tagged me for the first time. He's still my fave :D

eme4y4en.jpg

gyneqe5a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
would someone be able to give me a measurement of what the girth is of an adult

This is my RHD girl when gravid so she is usually smaller than this
satepyde.jpg
about 5cm across in this shot but usually probably more like 3.5cm-4cm

Congrats yommy. Not a bad surprise and a decent clutch for a woma. 9 eggs?

Now the waiting game really begins until they start hatching.

I measured Steve tonight and he is just over 1m long! Seems like only yesterday that he was 5 months old and able to curl up in the palm of my hand. Now at 9 months he thinks he's a jungle and tries reaching straight up in the air, only to fall against the enclosure wall lol.

7a7yjeqy.jpg

4a7y2umu.jpg

Yeah my 9 month is just under the 1m mark. It seems just yesterday he was chilling in a toilet roll and borrocca box hides. Now in a few months I'll be putting him in a 4x2x2. I sort of miss my stripey little worm he used to be. :cry: ;)

Yeah my 9 month is just under the 1m mark. It seems just yesterday he was chilling in a toilet roll and borrocca box hides. Now in a few months I'll be putting him in a 4x2x2. I sort of miss my stripey little worm he used to be. :cry: ;)

Haha yep! I've got a 1500x500x500 for him to go into (when get my act together and finish painting). I never thought he'd grow up so quickly.

My Topaz girl just had her prelay shed tonight, first season i've bred Womas so pretty darn excited now - fingers crossed all goes well!

DSC_3297.jpg

My Topaz girl just had her prelay shed tonight, first season i've bred Womas so pretty darn excited now - fingers crossed all goes well!

DSC_3297.jpg
They are going to be really nice looking hatchlings. Good luck. I thought it only looked small in the photo , how big is it?

Haven't measured her in over a year, but i'd estimate around 1.3 - 1.4m and about 2kg, maybe a touch less in weight. Hoping for some nice hatchies for sure :p

Haven't measured her in over a year, but i'd estimate around 1.3 - 1.4m and about 2kg, maybe a touch less in weight. Hoping for some nice hatchies for sure :p
Wow pictures are deceiving. I thought without a size reference and the bright colours that it was a lot smaller.

Looking the goods there Vixen all the best with her, she should produce some stunners.
Just got a plug on reptile radio for the RP/Spotted girl, lets hope there's something to it genetically.
Is this not the best time of year for any breeder?? be it your 1st season or 10th??

my little girl feeding :)[video=youtube;V17gLL0gZjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V17gLL0gZjk[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back