Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tn_WAMale.jpg

tn_WAFemale.jpg

How do you post pictures? whenever I do it, it just says attachment O :(

I just got my tanami (Male) and Uluru (Female) on sunday :D I have been told if I breed both they will have topaz offspring. Is this true?

Thanks,
Nellynake

I just got my tanami (Male) and Uluru (Female) on sunday :D I have been told if I breed both they will have topaz offspring. Is this true?

Thanks,
Nellynake
no very wrong just a muddied locality woma

topaz is just a very nice form of tanamis i belive it was first produced by southern cross reptiles but im not to sure there , who told you that if you dont mind my asking , i would double check all info they give you in future as that is BS about ulurus and tanamis creating topaz

oh and go to advanced post then manage attachments , then up the top you will see a small tab "choose photo" or something like that , click it then upload your pics , just dragging them over to a post doesn't work ;)

Last edited:

Thanks,
Nellynake

No. Topaz is a colour "morph", you can only produce topaz by breeding animals from that linage. They are tanami locality.

Not sure about the photo thing, I use photobucket.

and how do you use that to work on here?

The guy i bought them from said they would produce topaz

- - - Updated - - -

zcFSU.jpg
9f32Y.jpg
aVdsG.jpg

The guy i bought them from said they would produce topaz

- - - Updated - - -
he either told you that just to sell them easier or he doesn't have a clue , either way you wont get topaz from those animals , they actually wont even be locality specific , just womas plain old womas like they have in the states as they have trouble getting locality specific , your in aus mate id hold out and try to get another nice tanami or uluru if you want to breed

he either told you that just to sell them easier or he doesn't have a clue , either way you wont get topaz from those animals , they actually wont even be locality specific , just womas plain old womas like they have in the states as they have trouble getting locality specific , your in aus mate id hold out and try to get another nice tanami or uluru if you want to breed
+1 if you have the resources why not take advantage of them?

He might sell me another tanami female. at the moment she is due to lay. I'll get dad to get it :D How do you know I won't get a topaz? why does he look a bit better then some i have seen.

PA1Sl.jpg

61Hor.jpg

Thanks,
Nellynake

How do you know I won't get a topaz? why does he look a bit better then some i have seen.

Because those animals are not Topaz womas. You cannot produce an animal from a particular line if you do not have that line. Why does he not look as good as some I've seen? Either way there is not a single thing Topaz about those animals.

Because those animals are not Topaz womas. You cannot produce an animal from a particular line if you do not have that line. Why does he not look as good as some I've seen? Either way there is not a single thing Topaz about those animals.

Yeah. I was told he might have topaz in him but not show it? He might be a het woma :) I just thought he had something in him because some tanami are very faded. well anyway. I guess I can't tell until I breed them.

Thanks,
Nellynake

Yeah. I was told he might have topaz in him but not show it? He might be a het woma :) I just thought he had something in him because some tanami are very faded. well anyway. I guess I can't tell until I breed them.

Thanks,
Nellynake

Topaz is a colour morph, it is a line bred trait acheived only from those animals. There can be no 'het for topaz' as it is either a topaz or it isn't. Tanamis are the most common womas and as a result vary the most, you get some faded and bright coloured ones. They are extremely variable.

If someone coins their line of snakes a particular name regardless if another animal, completely unrelated looks the same they can not have the same name as the name 'Topaz' is for the line of bright coloured tanamis from SXRs, unless its something like albino, or pied ball as they are simply indicating a genetic mutation.

Thanks,
Nellynake
no topaz doesnt have "het" animals , and i can tell you now as can many others , you will not get topaz out of those animals . FULLSTOP please do not breed them then try to sell them off as topaz or any locality for that matter

forget what the seller has told you , as i said he either doesn't have a clue and was talking out of his a$$$ , or he straight up lied to you in telling you they will produce topaz womas as they will not produce them

ok then. should i breed them still though? If i do what would I say it is?

ok then. should i breed them still though? If i do what would I say it is?
if you really want you could breed them , problem is though you loose any locality they may have in the bubs people will argue that unless you can trace it back to wild caught animals than localities are already muddied , but i like to think there are still locality specific animals out there

as i said if it where me id hold out and get another tanami instead of just putting together what ever you can get your hands on , thats what they do in the states because they cant find locality specific , as i said where in australia mate take advantage of that

and if you do breed them and you want to sell the bubs then label them as what they are , a woma with mixed locality blood , not a topaz ;)

Ok then. The guy I bought them from said he might sell me the other tanami girl. He said I would get first choice. the funny thing is he saw the tanami girl and him locked on once, she is now gravid. And the uluru and him locked on around 15-20 times and they got nothing. She might have taken a break for the season.

Would the babies look impressive? Or weird?
Thanks,
Nellynake

Ok then. The guy I bought them from said he might sell me the other tanami girl. He said I would get first choice. the funny thing is he saw the tanami girl and him locked on once, she is now gravid. And the uluru and him locked on around 15-20 times and they got nothing. She might have taken a break for the season.

Would the babies look impressive? Or weird?
Thanks,
Nellynake
must just be me but id be steering clear of a breeder that told me crap like ulurus and tanamis producing topaz , his either a liar if he does know you wont get topaz from them or he doesn't have a clue

and there is absolutely no way of telling what the hatchies will look like , some may be a bit of a mix between parents some may look more like one parent or the other and some might look completely different to both parents
its a bit like asking the doctor what your unborn son is going to look like , he doesn't have a bloody clue

yer suppose. I have a friend who has an uluru I think so i might let her breed with his :D
I thikn he did know what he was talking about. He had heaps of different pythons. But i'm happy with them anyway. I might et the other tanami.

Thanks,
Nellynake

yer suppose. I have a friend who has an uluru I think so i might let her breed with his :D
I thikn he did know what he was talking about. He had heaps of different pythons. But i'm happy with them anyway. I might et the other tanami.

Thanks,
Nellynake

Having heaps of pythons doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back