Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 3 coastals and i have to downsize my snakes and they will be the first to go,i like them but after owning these port mac's i have the coastals are just plain and boring now

Good idea Hobbo. I bet it was an easy decision to make. But you may have to give them away because not very many poeple like them.

;)

Serp, guess was only due to a friend of yours' location, nothing on the actualy look of the snake lol... ;-)

Pugs not real good back peddling there mate!After all your education on localities of diamonds etc you have just proved you have absolutely no clue as to carpet localities other than where you live which seems to come more from other peoples experience and not your own.Even if you had read the books you have recommended many people to do you would know the answer to the question which by the way has nothing to do with where certain people live.That's like something i heard many years ago from some armchair expert which was the snake was a Mackayi similar to a stimsoni etc because the breeder of the animal came from Mackay:lol:Frieken HILARIOUS I TELLS YA:LOL:

Come on now Pugs,fairdinkum mate how many hypo coastals have you ever heard of being found in the Mission Beach area?The only morelia you will find there are cheynei and the amythestine!

No offence mate but you asked for that one,the most ridiculous statement you've come out with yet but i'm sure you'll try back peddling out of this one somehow too?????

Pugs not real good back peddling there mate!After all your education on localities of diamonds etc you have just proved you have absolutely no clue as to carpet localities other than where you live which seems to come more from other peoples experience and not your own.Even if you had read the books you have recommended many people to do you would know the answer to the question which by the way has nothing to do with where certain people live.That's like something i heard many years ago from some armchair expert which was the snake was a Mackayi similar to a stimsoni etc because the breeder of the animal came from Mackay:lol:Frieken HILARIOUS I TELLS YA:LOL:

Come on now Pugs,fairdinkum mate how many hypo coastals have you ever heard of being found in the Mission Beach area?The only morelia you will find there are cheynei and the amythestine!

No offence mate but you asked for that one,the most ridiculous statement you've come out with yet but i'm sure you'll try back peddling out of this one somehow too?????

Hey Browny, go tell us what you're really thinking:D:D don't go holding back lol

Personally I love morelia and find them very interesting. I've seen some coastals than I would kill to own and others that are a bit drab with ugly patterns. But I have seen the same on most species. Half of the jungles that I've seen on here and elsewhere wouldn't make it into my collection, but their owners probably love them.

Just because coastals are common and a lot of their locality types are dubious is not the fault of the animals. Its the fault of the keepers and their down right ignorance. But no one seems to blame themselves, as its easier to blame the animals.

The thing is beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if someone loves their animals then thats a good thing in my view. Just because its not our first choice of reptile or a cracker looking holdback shouldn't be a reason to trash a species.

Every single person that says they 'dont like coastals' would give their right arm to own some animals like Jungleland has bred for a start.

Just because a reptile is common and cheap shouldn't make it undesirable to true reptile keepers. Leave coastals alone :p and grow up.

Jungles are just coastals... There I said it!

I know you're all thinking it... but Darwins are just coastals...

Look.. they're all 'just coastals' and if you would own one... good on yer...

So far waruikazi is thew only official disliker of coastals and is severely out numbered by the lovers on this thread - for some strange reason - because that's the exact people I didn't want to hear from....

My theory is coastal owners and likers and lovers can't read as - but clearly the coastal haters don't read!

Where is your CCHC waruikazi? Where are they now?

Where is your CCHC waruikazi? Where are they now?

Currently re-grouping and planning a new wave of attack on those ugly things. Without giving too much away we will begin the next phase soon which will be launched from Gosford. Finally the diamonds will get something back.

Browns mate....

You missed the point entirely ok..

Give Serp or Codered or (SIMONE) a pm and they might fill you in....

Your right on one level, my knowledge of Coastal locale's is nothing compared to Diamonds, of course.

(imo) morelia is a much more interesting group than antaresia, liasis or aspidites :p

Last edited:
Haven't we all realised by now this is just a post count exercise?

I mean I thought I posted alot. Slim6y has 3200 in just over 1 year!

3181 thank you pugsly - and I am an 'active' member of APS :p

And it's closer to a year and a half than just over a year - and if I didn't strongly beleive that there was coastal 'haters' then I would never have needed to post this - which has added how many - less than 0.1% of my overall post count...

If you want to know - in my year and a half I have never been relegated to the 900 second rule! So I am well within my guidelines :p

Now back to the coastal haters!

slim6y said:
3181 thank you pugsly - and I am an 'active' member of APS :p

Me too :D :p

'Active member' sounds so much better than 'post wh0re' :lol:

Anyways, I wouldn't say I 'hate' coastals but I certainly don't like them, and I'm entitled to my opinion :twisted:

I think it's a rather ridiculous notion that all reptile keepers should love all types of reptiles, haha, how dumb..!! That theory is a little too 'lovey dovey' for this little black duck ;) I am a huge dog lover... does that mean I have to love every breed? Hell no!

Couldnt agree more MissB an all accounts.

I havent seen one coastal that I would ever like to have. Thats my opinion and I am entitled to it. And yes B I too am a dog lover but cant stand certain breeds. I think they are far too common and basically just ugly and boring.

I'd get a jag or one of those really good hypos, with no black at all.

Otherwise I wouldn't get a coastal. Too big, and usually not very attractive.

I havent seen one coastal that I would ever like to have..

have a look at some of Jungleland's or at some of TrueBlue's hypo coastals.

but each to their own I guess. I wouldn't have a bearded dragon if it was for free and came with $50 in its pocket :lol:

so much snake snobbery,
snobbing the poor old coastal
its like its nazi germany and coastals are jews
lots of people would rather see them sent to the gas chambers
poor old coastals
LOL

my opinion is,

all snakes are pretty in thier own way :D
it doesnt matter who likes or dislikes and for whatever reasons hates.
they are all beautiful to me :p

said,

Nat ;)

(oh, and coastals rock ;))

My coastals are jews? Oh no... I wondered why there was a jewellery store and a bank in their enclosure....

I've been waiting for you Isis to come out of the woodwork...

I was wanting something far more agressive from you - but alas I was let down :( it's just a colour thing... pure racism not speciesm.

Still - jungles and darwins and the rest are only coastals with a different name... Do you like any of those Isis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back