Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this turned gay :( I wanted some real action not some PiMp hugging a pug :p

Still... Yes - this thread has whacked on 9 pages and no one is suspended yet!

But - alas, I have found not ONE coastal hater... A few coastal dislikers... but mostly coastal lovers.

So - imho and theory:

The hypothesis (not described here) (would have) stated that the incidence of coastal carpet haters is increased proportionally by the presence of certian entities or clubs. However, in thorough examination of the scriptures, there is not one person who claims to actually hate coastals and give a reason more valid than they're boring.

Further study is required, inlcuding a pole of over 100 herpetologists that can vote in the parameters of "Love coastal carpets", "Hate coastal carpets (reason required)" and "Don't care at all either way."

However to make a fair test it would be impotant to add the strength based on opinion for the 'love' or 'hate' of the coastals. It would be far more fruitful to have a scale of 1 - 9 with 9 being the highest and 1 being the lowest of the love/hate relationships between the herpetologist and the M.Spilota....

LOL a pimp huggin a pug

some people just need a hug slimey,and im just the man to do it

and i think your totaly right with the statment "boring"is certainly not enough valid reason to "hate" a creature when they are just another colour variation on a pythonspecies that they worship
"hating" one cause it killed your family,or stole your girlfriend would be a valid reason LOL

i think it sorta like racial hatred of someone cause there of a differnt skin colour to one you like more

im gonna really stir the pot now !
u wanna know wot i think is a really ugly looking snake ???
WOMA's !
Now thats ugly!
They look like a golden piece of POOP with eyes !
Sorta like Mr Hanky !
Now i personsally think its an UglyAss snake but i dont hate them , infact im going to get 1 next year, for that exact reason .
i like ugly wierd stuff , so ill get a woma for no other reason but to point and stare at and have a Quiet giggle to myself at an animal that looks like living POOP with eyes hahahahahahaha
I will call him mr hanky !!
now lets see all the woma babys have a cry at that 1 huh ????

The O'Dogg love's all animals except Cats and Mosquito's

this turned gay :( I wanted some real action not some PiMp hugging a pug :p

Still... Yes - this thread has whacked on 9 pages and no one is suspended yet!

But - alas, I have found not ONE coastal hater... A few coastal dislikers... but mostly coastal lovers.

So - imho and theory:

The hypothesis (not described here) (would have) stated that the incidence of coastal carpet haters is increased proportionally by the presence of certian entities or clubs. However, in thorough examination of the scriptures, there is not one person who claims to actually hate coastals and give a reason more valid than they're boring.

Further study is required, inlcuding a pole of over 100 herpetologists that can vote in the parameters of "Love coastal carpets", "Hate coastal carpets (reason required)" and "Don't care at all either way."

However to make a fair test it would be impotant to add the strength based on opinion for the 'love' or 'hate' of the coastals. It would be far more fruitful to have a scale of 1 - 9 with 9 being the highest and 1 being the lowest of the love/hate relationships between the herpetologist and the M.Spilota....

Slimy you just asked the wrong question. It should ve been

who hates coastal lovers?

I think it's a bit pathetic to hate people you don't actually KNOW except over the internet... most of us on here aren't really like this in real life. I doubt i could HATE a person through the internet... although i come close! It's just sad. The written word is so often read the wrong way. If it's internet people you hate and you choose to take it out on a certain type of snake, get a real life. Sorry just my opinion and if you don't agree i really don't care! (i don't actually KNOW anyone in the club, i just think it's weird how much people dislike them without knowing them?)

I think it's a bit pathetic to hate people you don't actually KNOW except over the internet... most of us on here aren't really like this in real life. I doubt i could HATE a person through the internet... although i come close! It's just sad. The written word is so often read the wrong way. If it's internet people you hate and you choose to take it out on a certain type of snake, get a real life. Sorry just my opinion and if you don't agree i really don't care! (i don't actually KNOW anyone in the club, i just think it's weird how much people dislike them without knowing them?)

Until oyu have hated the CCLC, you haven't lived. I wake up every morning and think how can i stir up the lovers this morning.

there is nothing wrong with them. there a good first snake. the albinos look good when they come out because they come out in difrent phases

Wow, the debate hotted up over night - why did I sleep?

Claire throws in the ol' how can you hate something from someone statement...

waruikazi throws in the I live to make other rejects of society's lives miserable...

And Reptile boy posted in the wrong thread... otherwise... what a successful night...

But the best one yet - a coastal stole my girlfriend.... well done pimp - that'll be the real one.. waruikazi - did your family get eaten by a slither of coastals? Did your girlfriend marry one?

Pugs are you actually being serious about the locality of the animal serpenttongue posted as being from Mission Beach?

I don't hate coastals but only like a very few and i'm sorry serpentongue but that hypo does absolutely nothing for me at all,not just because of it's colour but it has a terrible looking pattern and i realise you like snakes for different reasons than most but what is it about that snake that makes it the nicest coastal you've ever seen?I'd seriously like to know as there are many more coastals out there that ***** all over that animal in looks including other hypos.To me that's a seriously ugly snake...sorry i mean no disrespect by that but that's my honest opinion.I couldn't possibly hate any morelia and appreciate all of them for what they are and if you seriously hate any type of python you obviously aren't in this hobby for the right reasons.

I am like jungleland and only keep a very small amount of coastals and have only done so over the last few years,previous to that when i very first started out i only kept coastals cause that's all that i could catch and bring home as far as pythons go in my area which was a very long time ago before ppl start jumping up and down about keeping WC animals,didn't even know about licences and if they were even available back then.As has also been said there's some seriously ugly examples of many other morelia,i've seen some dog ugly jungles that's for sure,many of them in fact and i like most find most coastals boring because of their colour,some have awesome patterns but lack the colour but are an interesting animal to keep from a husbandry point of view.

I find the Proserpine type coastals to be some of the nicest i've seen and that's all i keep.I also find most womas ugly wannabe bhp's but recently have seen a few i don't mind at all,it's all personal taste and beauty is in the eye of the beholder,if we all liked the same animals for the same reasons it would be a boring world now wouldn't it,that's what keeps this hobby interesting!I also don't like any of the childrens family except a few that aren't too bad such as indicus's platinumswhich have changed my mind on macs but only the platinums!

Sorry i'm not a hater of coastals but don't think they're the best looking of all the carpets so maybe i shouldn't have posted lol

Also whoever mentioned the albino coastals and that they come in so many phases i'm wondering what you're getting at as far as i'm aware there aren't any people breeding albino coastals not to say there aren't any out there,in fact i'd be surprised if there wasn't but none have been reported or been bred as far as i'm aware??

Also whoever mentioned the albino coastals and that they come in so many phases i'm wondering what you're getting at as far as i'm aware there aren't any people breeding albino coastals not to say there aren't any out there,in fact i'd be surprised if there wasn't but none have been reported or been bred as far as i'm aware??

Morelia hunter said:
Mine should be breeding this season and I should have the following het for albino animals: Jungle, murray darling( these I think might be true axanthic animals), coastal, prosepine, Cape Yourk, and of course the original north western. I might also try to see what happens when you put them with diamonds and bredli. I also have some pairings with Animals what i think might be genetically striped.

There you go BROWNS.

I found this picture on the Reptiles Australia Forums.

It's a coastal carpet python and a sorong green tree python.

Attachments

• CoastalGTPythons.jpg
    CoastalGTPythons.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 117
Pugs are you actually being serious about the locality of the animal serpenttongue posted as being from Mission Beach?

I don't hate coastals but only like a very few and i'm sorry serpentongue but that hypo does absolutely nothing for me at all,not just because of it's colour but it has a terrible looking pattern and i realise you like snakes for different reasons than most but what is it about that snake that makes it the nicest coastal you've ever seen?I'd seriously like to know as there are many more coastals out there that ***** all over that animal in looks including other hypos.To me that's a seriously ugly snake...sorry i mean no disrespect by that but that's my honest opinion.

Pugsly, that coastals locale is MUCH further south of Mission Beach.

BROWNS, i've always liked really dirty looking pythons. Drab, dirty, faded pythons. This is probably because when i started keeping reptiles as a kid, this is how most looked (the ones i saw and kept, anyway). So i've always kept the image of drab pythons in my mind all these years and felt that thats how they should look. I like a python that can be layed down on dirt ground and it just blends right in.

I guess another reason for liking the drab pythons is because of all the hype that surrounds all the colourful snakes with perfect markings. I have always been turned off by any kind of hype so perhaps i just unconciously gravite to the drab pythons that aren't getting any positive attention.

However, i can still understand why so many dont like the dirty looking ones, and that's cool with me. I like all pythons regardless of colours and markings and still keep flashy snakes.... after all - they're SNAKES!!!:D. Most of my collection is made up of flashy looking reptiles and i love 'em all. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back