Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a very nice selection of jungles there Trent.

Cheers Justin

Some ripper jungles there Trent
I finally found a nice 3 year old Cowley male to breed to my Lemon female next season.

COWLEY JUNGLE CARPET MALE AT nearly 3 years
0057jpgresized.jpg

Re my B&W jungle ?

Hi rodger, Have you breed your black and white? She is super.
I tried to breed her this season but its a wait and see situation.
Thanks for the compliment on the jungles...
cheers
Roger

Some ripper jungles there Trent
I finally found a nice 3 year old Cowley male to breed to my Lemon female next season.

COWLEY JUNGLE CARPET MALE AT nearly 3 years
0057jpgresized.jpg

Re my B&W jungle ?

I tried to breed her this season but its a wait and see situation.
Thanks for the compliment on the jungles...
cheers
Roger
Nice one Roger.... the Cowleys when you have a clean animal from that line will hold there color at least for 10 years... i have seen old Cowleys and they are still nice. My female breeder is a stunner and the male is the best gold. But i am that busy and have just been concentrating on the adders so i haven't seen mating with my Cowleys ..but i haven't looked. As to my stone line B and whites i haven't seen mating's but next season i will put more time into them as they are at the best breeding age now cheers and thanks Trent

Hi Everyone

Updates pics of Sabrina that I got from Roger Lester. Sorry it is such a boring pic but we tried taking her out in the sunshine and she wouldnt be still long enough for us to get a pic....She is a dear little thing beautiful temperament

We are really happy with her. We have a brother of hers as well and he is even worse....cant even photograph him in his enclosure he is so active....but both are doing well

View attachment 216500View attachment 216501

Ah Roger, your jungles still are top notch!

Here's a couple of pics I took last night of one of my Jungle girls.

6125620838_2d9dc8e5ba.jpg

6124944421_1b95750f65.jpg

SXR line hatchie I bred last season (9 months old) showing some colour.. keeping this one..

DSC03985.jpg

This is one from a pairing that produces very dark jungles (hyper perhaps??). These things hatch as normals, but darken with every shed. The animal pictured was a standard black and gold to start with and has become far darker than it is in this picture. It was about two years old when this shot was taken. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them..

Brilliant colour on those jungles Shaun & Col

onimocnhoj

Thats just a standard colour phase in jungles , not a genetic hyper .
Jungles can be commonly found in the wild with that amount of increased melanin.
In fact thats what a true rainforest jungle looks like.

cheers Roger

onimocnhoj

Thats just a standard colour phase in jungles , not a genetic hyper .
Jungles can be commonly found in the wild with that amount of increased melanin.
In fact thats what a true rainforest jungle looks like.

cheers Roger[/QUOTE]

Hey mate,

I didn't really try to imply that this thing was a genetic hyper as mentioned. I have seen plenty of wild jungles and the darker ones I have seen have never been too young. I believe the amount of sun jungles are exposed to (wild & captive) can assists in their increased melanin like a suntan.

The parents are fairly bright animals and their progeny are yet to bask outdoors and are dark by a year. Line breeding can produce all sorts of interesting stuff and if one can breed for bright colours, then surely one can breed for dark colours. Two separate clutches from the same pairing has produced these darker specimens, it's coincidental enough for me to give it a go. I am patient enough to see what happens with future breedings.

Some more yearlings from the same parents..

Most of these so called black and gold jungles are below average but Colin and Roger you both are breeding top notch jungles well done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back