Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there's some ugly ones in the collection you could take a photo of too.
Ugly snakes need loving too:D

I'll do my best to find you one justin.
this is the female julatten (top pic) that was posted recently.. she's looking dull and a bit ugly here

Hmm......you haven't taken her to the vet to get her ultra-sounded to see if there's any physical/internal abnormalities with her. Get a blood panel done to see if anything is going awry hormonally?
I'm not sure how advanced veterinary science is in this country in relation to reptiles.
She's a stunning animal...it'd be a shame not to get to the bottom of why she can't produce a clutch and if see if there's some form of medical intervention that could be done.

no.. I was going to but decided against it. There's no problem with her general health and as she's a bit on the nervous side I decided to avoid stressful situations like vets poking around inside her with a laproscope or whatever its called under anaesthetic etc. Theres probably something not right with her reproductive system but I doubt if vets could solve and fix it.. maybe - maybe not.. but the added stress when there's nothing wrong with her general health I felt may not be in her best interests. I dont want to endanger her or put her in unecessary stressful situations just because I want eggs. and I doubt theres much a vet could do anyway except charge me a heap of money..

If she was sick then thats a different matter and Id seek veterinary advice. But if its its meant to be she never lays then so be it. I will give her a good run this coming season and with luck maybe things will change for the better, if not Im just happy to enjoy her as she is. Its a shame but these things happen.

Has anyone else been in this situation with a non reproductive female? and has the vet solved and fixed the situation so the female begins to reproduce normally? i'd be interested to know and how the situation turned out. cheers

I'll do my best to find you one justin.
this is the female julatten (top pic) that was posted recently.. she's looking dull and a bit ugly here

Okay, if that is the only ugly one you can find in your collection it will have to do:lol:
Here is one of mine that I had out today. New year, so updated photos for their folders.
This photo of her is not very flattering. Outside shots never go well for me.
View attachment 232277

Cheers Justin

Looks pretty good Justin!

How old is that one? Still looks very clean.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks for the likes and comments.
She is 3 Dave. She has not smudged at all
in the 18months that I have owned her.
Here is a male that I will pair her with.

View attachment 232306

Cheers Justin

Well you havn't seen my coastal, ugly inside & out:lol:

Here are my 3 little Fellas :D

First one is Diablo in his box, the second is Cleopatra out exploring and the last is Xena ready to strike :)

That male is awesome aswell. What line are they?

Thanks for the comments. He is a 3yr Krauss line.
I am unsure of the lineage of the girl though.
Just bought her as a Palmerston. She is friendly, he is psycho.

Cheers Justin

Don't think any one can answer that for you mate most jungles from differant lines all look differant they can be of any locale unless other people can tell haha i can only really point out athertons from the rest as they usually are more dull in color and bigger then other jungle localitys

Hi Jarden

Well this is my atherton Elvira and you are right she is a big girl. I havent measured her but when she crawls along my husband she is easily 6 foot maybe a fraction more. AND she is a really nice bright yellow...they are not always dull in colour. Interestingly she is also traditional marking.....which I am gathering from previous posts is not always so easy to find ??

However the reason I posted this pic is to try and capture Elviras head. Elvira is just over 2 years old now and I am enjoying her so much. I loved her as a baby but she is now so confident in herself she is a different snake. I would never not keep an eye on her but she can now have a crawl around and amuse herself and I dont have to worry about'losing' her....but more importantly she is sort of maturing into her shape and her head is looking completely different...like it is broadening out, it looks different to what it looked like even a month ago...., so I guess she must have reached her length and is now starting to mature.....it i a really nice stage to be in with her and I feel really priveledged that she has settled with us and seems to be healthy and happy in herself.

Elizabeth

View attachment 232415

She looks like she has similar heritage that glossy black looks like PK line I have a female similar to that here Justin

Thanks for the comments. He is a 3yr Krauss line.
I am unsure of the lineage of the girl though.
Just bought her as a Palmerston. She is friendly, he is psycho.

Cheers Justin

Hi Jarden

Well this is my atherton Elvira and you are right she is a big girl. I havent measured her but when she crawls along my husband she is easily 6 foot maybe a fraction more. AND she is a really nice bright yellow...they are not always dull in colour. Interestingly she is also traditional marking.....which I am gathering from previous posts is not always so easy to find ??

However the reason I posted this pic is to try and capture Elviras head. Elvira is just over 2 years old now and I am enjoying her so much. I loved her as a baby but she is now so confident in herself she is a different snake. I would never not keep an eye on her but she can now have a crawl around and amuse herself and I dont have to worry about'losing' her....but more importantly she is sort of maturing into her shape and her head is looking completely different...like it is broadening out, it looks different to what it looked like even a month ago...., so I guess she must have reached her length and is now starting to mature.....it i a really nice stage to be in with her and I feel really priveledged that she has settled with us and seems to be healthy and happy in herself.

Elizabeth

View attachment 232415

Great colouring on that one, Elizabeth. 6ft at 2 years?! What did you feed her? My jungles are still fairly thin and around the 80cm mark at a year, long way off a big stocky 6 footer!

3 hrs old
374825_211203912301127_100002345580570_483627_630660042_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back