Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was your first snake?

• Children's/Spotted/Stimson's Python

Votes: 68 36.8%
  • Coastal Carpet

Votes: 23 12.4%
  • Jungle Carpet

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Bredli

Votes: 16 8.6%
  • Other Carpet

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • Black Headed Python

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Olive Python

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Diamond Python

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Other Python

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Elapid or Colubrid

Votes: 16 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
childrens pythons got 3 only proplem is the room they take up but other then that great 1st snake

Mine was a murray darling it was given to me about 25 years ago by
an old dairy farmer, Not a bad old fella but his daughter was better!
Havent got the original snake but still got his daughter :)

My first snake was a 5ft female coastal last july, she is now going to be taking up residence with my parents next week. Not one for being handled unfortunately :(

mine was a diamond python! very calm and cute little one!

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Bredli...which was cosequently my second snake :D:lol:
Here's my baby (he's my favourite...shhh don't let the other one know ;))

2987871762_87f3870279.jpg

3208435416_46d447df36.jpg

My first snake is a mac, got her for xmas. Only problem is putting her away, she likes being out and about lol :)

My first snake was a childrens python that i got in 2000, it died two weeks later and then i found out the breeder was actually feeding the whole clutch garden skinks. My mate got one at the same time but his lasted 6 weeks.

My first snake was an Olive Python named Roberta... had her a couple days and she escaped never found her. Now I have A coastal Carpet and another Olive

A lot of you are saying "WERE" or "WAS". Do you still have your first pythons?

Sorry to hear those who has lost them :(

My first was Medusa a cranky Cape york Coastal, she is now over 9 foot and cranky as after I stoll her eggs she goes anything and everything that goes near her enclosure.

Coastal. Man theres a few that had Elapids and Colubrids as a first!

My first snake was an elapid, I caught and kept a Yellow faced whip as a kid some 23 years ago, kept it for about 2 years then let it go, kept frogs after that untill 2 years ago, only got my second snake about 3 years ago, now I have around 20. Many of the older herpers kept elapids first as that was all that was available to catch..well at least those who lived south of the python rich areas.

My first was a 1 yr old coastal carpet. he was the most placid snake ive seen and i never had a problem with him

Coastal. Man theres a few that had Elapids and Colubrids as a first!

Most older snakey's from the southern states would have started with elapids. When i was a kid you couldnt buy snakes, you had to catch them for yourself. And where i grew up elapids were the only type around. Ahh, the good old days.

I had my first snake, a diamond python called Dracula in 1987. A friend of my boss caught it for me because everyone knew I loved reptiles. I already had turtles and lizards. Unfortunately it died a week or so later and after it was dead, heaps of ticks? crawled out from under the scales. Must have been already full of them when it was caught. In the time I had it, I did see one near it's eye. I took it to the vet and they tried to get rid of me really quickly - they had no idea. Stood as far away from it as they could and used tweezers to pull the tick off. I asked them to check over it to see if there were any more and they said no, it would be alright. Well, it wasn't.

My first snake was a hatchy spotted python . i still have her and will never willingly part ways with her. She is a special snake to me and my daughter as we spend alot of time together looking after her. Havent had many issues with her except for a snappy 6 months due to vibrations from a nearby fridge. 1st pic when she was younger and then 2nd very recently.

Attachments

• PC040136-1.jpg
    PC040136-1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 39
  • P1070008.jpg
    P1070008.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back