Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was your first snake?

• Children's/Spotted/Stimson's Python

Votes: 68 36.8%
  • Coastal Carpet

Votes: 23 12.4%
  • Jungle Carpet

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Bredli

Votes: 16 8.6%
  • Other Carpet

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • Black Headed Python

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Olive Python

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Diamond Python

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Other Python

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Elapid or Colubrid

Votes: 16 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For my first i got an 18 month old BHP. Bit pricey but ather than that he has a beautiful temperament and never had a problem getting him to eat.
Got him as a first because i was told i was only allowed 1 so had to pick favorite.
(still working at changing the only allowed 1 rule!);)

Our first snake was my at the time 3 year old sons birthday present. Stella has since gone from being a she to a he and is a snake that we will no doubt have until dec is old enough to move out.

Wow!

Everyone sounds like they had some nice first snakes! =)

My mum hates snakes so she said I have to get a small one, and he's adorable (hopefully picking him up in the morning! :D ) , Ive also convinced her to get me a jungle when im 13 ;)

My first snake was a spotted hes a sweet little snake

Lewy

9 month Bredli. Absolute dream to have. Feeds and sheds without dramas. Flighty at first but 5 minutes in the pillow case and he now handles well and enjoys his morning strolls.

A sexy Pilbara stimson, but the little bugger escaped his enclosure and hasn't been seen in almost a year P__P

spotted python nasty little fellow tagged me the very day i got him. he now belongs to someyone else

a pair of water pythons from Les, he said they would be bitey but they have been angels from the start :D

first pic is the day i got them 2 years ago, second pic is last week (my friend Kira posing, sorry phone cam photo)

Attachments

• rain-bow-babies.jpg
    rain-bow-babies.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 39
  • bow-2yrs.jpg
    bow-2yrs.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 42
Coastal Carpet :) This is Ari, beautiful snake and beautiful personality!

S5000813.jpg

1969. European Grass Snake. Frog eater, and i couldn't get it to eat the mealworms, that the pet shop sold me as food.:shock:
Eventualy let it go, under the Arc De Triomphe in Paris.

This is Kiandra (Childrens) who was my first snake. She's just over a year old now and is a lovely snake. Very friendly, loves to be handled and is quite hard to get her back into her enclosure. She also feeds like a dream.

Last edited:
My first snake was a maccie, he's a little bitey but I'm happy to dodge the occasional bite. He's the snake in my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back