Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the death adder because of their short stocky bodies and broad skulls

Death adder cause distinct body shape with very distinct head and whispy tail when flattened appears to double in width

omon guys. MORE INFORMATION NEEDED. Why? it is not only body shape. Nobody have point yet.

and long fangs compared to body size and hides under loose leaves usingf its tail to lure its prey then sriking out with ultra accuracy

da this is a hard question but ill take a few more stabs before i give up.

stab 1: is it the technique for hunting

stab 2: is it the colour of the inside of mouth

ill have a few more guesses later lol

cheers, jeremy

I am giving only 1/2 point to Astrobeca it is death adder. sorry pythonguy44 you misspelled the name of snake.
reason why death adder specie resembles vipers is: Shape, behavior, and mainly large fangs which fold back along the jawline to a limited degree.

slateman for question 3.

the DEAF ADDER got its name because when approached it seemed to be deaf as it wouldnt react to being approached. Its not spelt DEATH ADDER.

If you dont believe me it has been on "snake wranglers" in focus the episode where a husband and wife team that work for ARP go to catch much needed DEAF ADDER specimens as the antivenom for this snake was becoming more scarce.

Just a point.
A 2640 Acanthophis antacticus -Southern Death Adder

Thats straight off the licence. Not 'deaf' adder at all.
Don't believe everything you see on TV Jeremy.

Sorry i just though of all people AUSTRALIAN REPTILE PARK wouldnt advertise it if it where false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back