Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXPO

Are there any APS ppl in the photos with Tara? Souly did say he had a shaved head :wink: (just wondering)

Sure is possum, the famed and much loved........or is that hated!!!!! ;-) ......Afrofishy is there and also souly. And some sad person had to post up a pic of sherman, the very sad individual... :) :D :lol:

hehe....

And another thing. Where did roy pull all those enclosures from? and how did he transport so many animals? Amazing!

EXPO

possum said:
Are there any APS ppl in the photos with Tara? Souly did say he had a shaved head :wink: (just wondering)

Have a look at the pic with Tara Moss on stage with 2 other people. The taller is Souly and the other is Afro. They should have got Tara in the middle. Would have been the Rose between two thorns. :lol:

I thought for the first Expo it went well, I bought some great books and a pair of Scrubbies, give the guys a break unless youve orgainised a show/expo you have no idea about what goes into it. Swap meet well I think if there had been no selling allowed a lot of people would be very dissapointed, as for most commercial concerns saturday would be a major trading day.
Perhaps next years could be a 2 day event with a dinner orgainised for the Saturday evening, even an award for the best stall display.

Hi Guys,

overall it was a good attempt for the first expo in Vic. A couple of things come to mind.

It was fine for victorians, who could do deals on the day, but visitors from interstate were given the impression that they could also purchase. The DNRE people stated that this was not going to happen. A few of us drove a very long way to get there, and to find out we couldn;t take reptiles home was disappointing.

Whoever organised it for mothers day weekend obviously isn't married or doesn't think about interstate visitors.

Whoever vet checked the animals needed to do more - there were mites on the albino carpets.

Would like to see more breeders there - perhaps timing should be reviewed.

Some stallholders were disappointed that they were unable to get the same amount of tables as others. Also some comments were made that some exhibitors should not have been selling their product, but sending visitors to agents that sell their wares - other exhibitors could not match price offered.

Please don't take this as negative, but just some feedback on what could be a great annual? event.

Mites on an albino, either your seeing things or someone needs a good kick up the behind for allowing an animal like that to have mites for one and letting get into the show in that condition for another. Very poor either way, unless you weren't wearing your glasses... ;-) :D

I flew from Canberra and had a great time although it was smaller than I expected. It was only the first one and these things usually get bigger and better with each event so I'm looking forward to the next one :D

Mites

Ozboy said:
Hi Guys,

Whoever vet checked the animals needed to do more - there were mites on the albino carpets.

I had a really good look at the Albino's and could not see any on them. I'm not saying that there were no mites but could it have been something else?

Did you mention it to the parties concerned to get the problem tended to?

All in all for first efforts I salute all who organized it. If mistakes were made etc etc then I'm sure that all parties will take peoples comments on board.

JMO :wink:

visitors from interstate were given the impression that they could also purchase. The DNRE people stated that this was not going to happen. A few of us drove a very long way to get there, and to find out we couldn;t take reptiles home was disappointing.

really? will this be the case for next year too?? i heard some people had been given import licences that were to be filled in and returned once they were back in their own state (or something)... i was hoping to come next year but if interstate people cant purchase reptiles... theres not really much point... guess i could travel all that way for one of Bex care sheets ;)
well sounds like most of you's had a great time... congrats to all those who organised it.. and too those who were able to "blow all their money" hopefully you's got some good buys :)
Megz

Do interstate exhibitors for next year have to have an import license to get each animal in for the day and then an export to leave the state again? I knew of one person that was thinking of going to sell some gex, but reckoned they had to do that and it wasn't worth it, don't know if that was the case?

Sounded great, wish i could have gone.

I highly doubt there was mites on an animal if there were vet checks at the door, you would think that's easy to pick up on an albino.

Do interstate exhibitors for next year have to have an import license to get each animal in for the day and then an export to leave the state again? I knew of one person that was thinking of going to sell some gex, but reckoned they had to do that and it wasn't worth it, don't know if that was the case?

Yes they would, that is what reptile exhibitiors are required to do and it would be unfair on them to make an exception for everyone else for one day.
You also cannot buy from interstate as DSE(?) was not issuing export permits on the day I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back