Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I saw it!
Here's a pic of my son mimicking one of the monitors, pretty funny. I guess you had to be there, he crouched down with everyone watching him on all fours with head looking up, like the boy in the background, he's 5 and a nutbag. Good day had by all!

haha, nice one.
what sort of monitor is it?

Yeah i saw the ant hill, but mind you I had a look at it after it was bagged on sunday night.

Looks exactly like a patternless children's x stimsons yearling.

i went on sunday, thought it was very well done, congratulations to all concerned.
arrived back in bundaberg today. will see if i have any pics worth posting.
cheers:)

Haven't been on-line all week, otherwise I would have posted these sooner:

Anthill Python
main.php

Boyd's
main.php

Keelback
main.php

Pignose hatchling
main.php

and a weird, almost patternless bluetongue
main.php

more pics in my gallery at http://www.aussiepythons.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=54090 and go to the sub-album titled "Expo 2007"

:p

Hix

Flew up from melb for the expo and conference. Thought it was very interesting, well worth it. Did anyone from APS go to the conference?

I drove up from the Riverland for it. The conference was great! I was pretty quiet though - didn't talk to anyone....:D

Yea does anyone know if the prize has been drawn yet? I went yesterday and took some photos. I at first thought the bredli was fake becaus it was just sitting there coiled up and little kids were running up and patting it and stuff and it was totally un responcive plus there didnt seem to be anyone watching it. The perentie their actually got out of its enclosure through a hole in the bottom. This little kid saw it happen and no one was listening to him except his dad and then the dad said to the guy who is holding it in the picture u better have a look under that enclosure becaus other wise your going to loose that goanna. Overall i think it was a pretty good day.
Hey, sorry to bump, but what type of monitor is that in the second photo? I loved him since I saw him - so pretty! How big do they get? (Post is on page 4, post number 57)

Moonfox,
the lizard in that picture is a juvenile Perentie Monitor. They are Australia's largest lizard and adults grow longer than 2 metres. They can be kept in NSW on a class 2 licence and are only recommended for really keen monitor fans as they take up a lot of room and need to be kept very hot. As for price tag expect it to be around $2000-$3000 each.
Hope this helps
Tiliqua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back