Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a woma soooo bad after seeing all of these pictures :( somebody buy me one pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

I'll start planning my arguments with my better half as to why I "need" another Woma, looking forward to seeing your results. Good luck.

I always ask for forgiveness than permission for my reptile purchases........ Always in trouble the depth just varies...... lol

I want a woma soooo bad after seeing all of these pictures :( somebody buy me one pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

I can sell you one :) they are affordable these days compared to what i originally paid many years ago :)

they are affordable these days compared to what i originally paid many years ago :)
i ave to ask , what where they worth when you first got into them ? ive heard they where once worth a few grand because of their being very few of them around

I originally paid $1800ea for the F1 (1st captive bred from WC parents) WA Boodarie's back in the day but SXR at the time were asking $2500ea for their topaz line. But you pay what you think the animal is worth at the time, and the supply and demand factor. Still worth every cent they are awesome animals in every way.

The rabbit Flats well thats a secret :)

For the first time my really good female who has been eating like a champ...up until now...has refused a feed. She ate about 3 weeks ago. That's not what has me concerned. What has me concerned is the fact that she hasn't defecated since then.
This doesn't make me feel nice :shock:

Add to that, I just had a good look at her, she has a small but reasonably hard lump in her nether region, I doubt it would be anything she couldn't pass though, but just to be sure I'm going to put her in some warm water and let her soak in it, to soften that up to make it easier for her to pass it whatever it is. She wasn't interested in the rat, it was in there for an hour, and no interest at all, so I threw the rat out.

Let's just say I'll be a whole hell of a lot more than upset if anything untoward happens to her. She's part of my prized pair of RHD womas. If this isn't resolved soon I will have no other option than to take her to a good snake vet.

Last edited:
take her for a spin on the grass for a while (supervised) you probably find that will stimulate her to unload :)

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. But the thing that's got me so seriously concerned is that not only has she not defecated, she's not eating, either...that's what scares me. I'm going to try a few techniques - warm water bath, lots of handling, and maybe a gentle massage around the area - before I refer to a vet. But from what I can gather, not eating + hasn't defecated since last feed = something potentially very serious. And she's my best female, so I'm a bit scared.

i wouldnt worry too much. As long as she can still get decent heat when she needs it to digest, which i would say she has if her last meal was three weeks, she is probably just holding onto a big one. I find some of mine will hold onto one until they shed - may just be a week or two from going into a shed cylce.

My boy has just done the same, 3 weeks with no defication, the he shed and bingo one day later :D

My Limited experience and research into womas has indicated they can have bowl issues. The Urates harden and can sometimes attach to the bowl which is a serious problem and life threatening. This problem is uncommon and usually effects the weakest of the clutch (natural selection).

However it is very common for all snakes to hold on for weeks even months especially around the colder parts of the year.

One thing I have learnt, form a good relationship with a reptile vet, if your concerned call them and get a once over.

941233_10151597834812629_879731911_n.jpg

My Limited experience and research into womas has indicated they can have bowl issues. The Urates harden and can sometimes attach to the bowl which is a serious problem and life threatening. This problem is uncommon and usually effects the weakest of the clutch (natural selection).

However it is very common for all snakes to hold on for weeks even months especially around the colder parts of the year.

One thing I have learnt, form a good relationship with a reptile vet, if your concerned call them and get a once over.

I've kept woma's for a long time and never had 'bowl issues' with any animal. Sometimes they hold a little longer than usual but they will go.....
To the exent of awaiting a shed cycle to leave you a suprise in the shedded skin. Womas are no different to other species with bowel movements.

I've kept woma's for a long time and never had 'bowl issues' with any animal. Sometimes they hold a little longer than usual but they will go.....
To the exent of awaiting a shed cycle to leave you a suprise in the shedded skin. Womas are no different to other species with bowel movements.

must have been a freak situation with me, first woma hatchy had solid feces the it couldnt pass followed all the advice of the vet and multiple visit and it died.

Thats why I said limited experience. Everything since has been no problem and hopefully never go through again.

Nothing to do with above but,

From what I've read here and everywhere else for that matter, womas are great feeders, some even a but too enthusiastic lol.

Mine must be a one of a kind. I dangle her food in front of her, I put it right up to her mouth, I'll dangle it some more..... and this can go on for 10 - 20 minutes.

Feeding in or out of her enclosure makes no difference. Time of day makes no difference either. Once her enclosure is open, all she wants to do is go "walk about".

Maybe I should get myself another woma to compare. :)

I think its different for every woma. I have some really enthusiastic feeders that want to choke everything out and i have dainty ones that i place the rodent to there mouths and they just start chewing with no wrapping. Funny little creatures.

If you need any female woma's Woma_Wild got some Rabbit Flats ;)

Last edited:
Thats what I love about a Woma, they all have different personalities. From laying about to feeding.

I think its different for every woma. I have some really enthusiastic feeders that want to choke everything out and i have dainty ones that i place the rodent to there mouths and they just start chewing with no rapping. Funny little creatures.

I was looking for a little boy. no breeding. just so I have one of each.

I now know why she's so "delicate" as you put it yommy..... little bugger prefers her mice to rats. Guess mummy will have to trick her next time.

Rattus dipped in mousy juice. oh yummy.

I think its different for every woma. I have some really enthusiastic feeders that want to choke everything out and i have dainty ones that i place the rodent to there mouths and they just start chewing with no rapping. Funny little creatures.

Yes I know u have some Rabbit Flats Brett. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back