Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some Tully's & a Julatten :D
this thread is awesome ;)
beautiful animals everyone...

cheers Mark
That is 1 amazing lookin Julatten mark!! very very nice! the Tully looks great too.
The people breeding jungles this year plz show the pairs ur gonna have goin.
Cheers
Cam

dsc02137-16182.jpg

That a palmerston Colin? Very nice

That a palmerston Colin? Very nice

thanks. yes its from my black krauss male x his daughter (sinestra) theres a few other pics of a couple from that clutch in my hatchie profile album.

Hey Brent,

such a shame those photos of your hatchies do not do them the justice they deserve, especially the 18 month old ones. They have heaps more colour than that in the flesh.

I don't have any jungles yet, but this awsome thread it makes it hard to resist. Every turn of the page has me adding another breeder and colour/pattern to my wish list.

Well done evryone.
Matt

That critter's turning out nice Colin, I thought is was a bit too clean yellow to be 1 of Stone's line.
I've used my black male over the Krauss female that produces the tri striped animals this season, hopefully some of the offspring will take after the Father with it's melanistic appearance.
Did any of it's siblings turn out or are turning out darker than normal ?
cheers Mark

This girl will be ready next season she getting better
every shed cheers ps this is exactly how she looks

she is one sexy looking jungle Trent...
am waiting for my lot to shed so i can post some piccies.
Colin and Roger...... some of the nicest jungles i have EVER seeeen.
cheers MEL ;)

That critter's turning out nice Colin, I thought is was a bit too clean yellow to be 1 of Stone's line.
I've used my black male over the Krauss female that produces the tri striped animals this season, hopefully some of the offspring will take after the Father with it's melanistic appearance.
Did any of it's siblings turn out or are turning out darker than normal ?
cheers Mark

thanks mark. actually I prefer my SXR line jungles much more than the krauss line palmerstons.. but thats my personal preference :D

none of the offspring from my black male x his daughter came out blacker than normal but as the black colouration of the father (imo)
is not a mutation and more aquired with age I really didnt expect them too. The hatchies from the black male x aphrodite however
actually did have much more black on them than normal. this one below was from the black male x aphrodite clutch .
dsc01815-aphrodite-hatchie-12914.jpg

It would be worth hanging on to a few of those to see if they produce more melanin as they age.
So in your opinion, do you think that it is an inheritable trait or not ? or - have to wait and see what happens as they age ?
cheers Mark

It would be worth hanging on to a few of those to see if they produce more melanin as they age.
So in your opinion, do you think that it is an inheritable trait or not ? or - have to wait and see what happens as they age ?
cheers Mark

yeah I was going to but cant keep everything as my space is limited.
I honestly dont know, but think that line breeding may produce animals with more black in them when the right animals are mated together..

I've heard from people in North QLD these black rainforest jungles are reasonably common in certain areas but not often seen in collections.

my male originally was a nice black and yellow animal that started to show more black every shed when it attained around two years of age..

[Colin]
I've heard from people in North QLD these black rainforest jungles are reasonably common in certain areas but not often seen in collections.

I think who ever you've been talking to is pulling your leg some what ;)
I've have clocked up over 200,000km herping in North Queensland over the last 3 - 4 years & while I have encountered some very dark jungles, they are nothing like the ones we have... not denying they are out there......
i guess it boils down to people's perception of things - how many times have you heard :
mate, it's 10ft long - reality it's 7ft :lol: mate, it's SO yellow :rolleyes: light tan ect ect........
if they were as common as that, there would be a LOT more in private collections trust me ;)
I have seen cars numerous times up the Tully gorge for instance stop, jump out and bag a snake right in front of me :shock: (scrubbies / jungles) :x
a friend of mine who does research up there has watched a guy with personalized number plates stop, jump out right in front of him & throw the animal in a bag and drive off :x
there would be plenty of "black jungles" around if they where common ;) & thats not even scratching the surface :shock:;)

cheers Mark

[Colin]

I think who ever you've been talking to is pulling your leg some what ;)
I've have clocked up over 200,000km herping in North Queensland over the last 3 - 4 years & while I have encountered some very dark jungles, they are nothing like the ones we have... not denying they are out there......
i guess it boils down to people's perception of things - how many times have you heard :
mate, it's 10ft long - reality it's 7ft :lol: mate, it's SO yellow :rolleyes: light tan ect ect........
if they were as common as that, there would be a LOT more in private collections trust me ;)
I have seen cars numerous times up the Tully gorge for instance stop, jump out and bag a snake right in front of me :shock: (scrubbies / jungles) :x
a friend of mine who does research up there has watched a guy with personalized number plates stop, jump out right in front of him & throw the animal in a bag and drive off :x
there would be plenty of "black jungles" around if they where common ;) & thats not even scratching the surface :shock:;)

cheers Mark

well mark it was from a mutual friend of ours and Id trust his judgement over most.

Colin and Roger...... some of the nicest jungles i have EVER seeeen. cheers MEL ;)

thanks mel :D

Im hoping this girl is going to lay this coming season..
shes's one of roger lesters
dsc00029-female-tully-12318.jpg

gee, sorry for being out of line & questioning your judgement !
you must see a lot of jungle carpets around sydney eh ? ;):rolleyes:

jungle female 18 months old -i breed

a jungle i breed -lemon -yellow-18months old -parmerston-tully -obee-

Here's a couple I took today of Rogers line of RP's I got from him 18month ago & one of the male when he was a hatchy for comparison. Male 1,2,4 pic, female 3rd pic.
Hopefully i'll breed these guys next season in the hopes to produce some lovely RP's....my favorite Jungles ATM....:D
I love the saddles on these guys..... to me, they are something really special and have always admired Rogers animals like these!! Now i've got me own...lol Thanks Rog. ;)

Another of the male outstretched which I did not see when I uploaded the last lot.. 8)

Very nice Scott, should produce some stunners for you...
& full marks to Roger, see what a bit of selective breeding can produce ?
NO need to hybridize at all :D

cheers Mark

Very nice Scott, should produce some stunners for you...
& full marks to Roger, see what a bit of selective breeding can produce ?
NO need to hybridize at all :D
Very nice indeed,gee theres a heap of really nice snakes being produced by selective breeding these days,considering Australia has some of the finest snakes,imo why would you even think about hybridizing.before we start trailing of topic,and starting a debate,lets not go there.It might take some years to finally produce the desired trait what your after,but when you do the reward is there in front of you....Very nice Jungles Everyone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back