Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice Roger,well done.Roger you say it has some neuro movement problems,i hope you have cracked it for a real aussie jag...good luck:)

Hi Southside Morelia

thanks the first picture was taken about 3 days ago :D but i will put some more pictures up after a few more sheds...

cheers

You said the first was bred last season...:D... thinking the pic was taken a while back, as it does look very young still...either way it's definately a screamer...keep us posted!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Hypo looking jungle .
He is weak but still alive and hisses if i touch him/her so thats a good sign,
I will not touch him/her for a few days dont want to stress the poor thing .
I will get pics of the pink tongue in time , please be patient , if it dies it will be easy to get the pics but ill just leave the it alone for now.
Last night when i went to sleep i was sure he it would die but then this morning when i checked on him/her it was down the warm end of the tub looking ok coiled and better than expected .
see pic below
FINGERS CROSSED
cheers
Roger
IMG_0217.jpg

Congrats on that hope it works out for you :)

You mentioned that the tongue was a different colour any idea on the rest of the mouths colouration? ( probably to early to tell? No yawning etc yet! )

I will get pics of the pink tongue in time , please be patient , if it dies it will be easy to get the pics but ill just leave the it alone for now.
Last night when i went to sleep i was sure he it would die but then this morning when i checked on him/her it was down the warm end of the tub looking ok coiled and better than expected .
see pic below
FINGERS CROSSED
cheers
Roger
IMG_0217.jpg

see pic below
FINGERS CROSSED
cheers
Roger

Fingers crossed for you mate.
Good to see those krauss lines did better this year then last.

see pic below
FINGERS CROSSED
cheers
Roger
IMG_0217.jpg

this lil fella should have his own thread haha! you mentioned he didnt absorb his yolk sac, i have no experience with hatchlings this young but could would it be a good or bad idea to offer him a small feed to compensate for this??? cant wait to see him post-shed, why oh why do jungles have to be the ugly ducklings of the python species lol

roger, hope he/she does alright and pulls through. Were both the parents just normal looking jungles or was there a hint there might be something different about them? Will be interesting to see pics of how it looks after its first shed if it makes it.

Cheers,
Dave

Cheers Guys
I will assist feed it in about a week to 10 days time ,
both parents are normal jungle carpets in everyway ,see the pics .
I have no answers to why only one of there clutch would be so different , i did cut this egg by mistake i thought i saw a slit from the neonate but was mistaken," but it was a dimble "
It would not have hatched on its own im sure .
Got a shock when i saw it had faded pattern and just left it as is .
But then the rest of the clutch hatched and 3 had died full term inside there eggs ? bummer !
It was only dumb luck i opened the hypo looking hatchies egg by mistake .
Then the hypo left its eggs before it obsorbed its yolk sack .
And it went spinning around for a while and was very week etc etc
Noticed the pink tongue etc .
Anyway i doubt it will survive but if it does , it will be interesting.
cheers Roger

One of our boys

Some of these jungles are just stunning. There's way too many for me to talk about individually, but it's nice to see people who love jungles as much as I do.

This little guy here is one of our males. He's a yearling and seems to be having trouble colouring up! :D

My female is pretty flighty, and freaks out a bit with sudden movements.
Will she settle with more handling?

I'd love a black and white male to pair up with!

Hi Ciircz,

Some pythons do settle with more handling, some will get worse. It's very much an individual thing. It's been my experience with jungles that the better looking they are the worse they behave. It's a gross generalisation, but I don't know anyone who keeps a number of jungles who hasn't had the same experience.

A

see pic below
FINGERS CROSSED
cheers
Roger

fingers crossed for you roger..
Id be definitely putting those same two animals together next season mate :D

Rog,
Need those pics of the pink tongue as soon as you can....please....stat???
I AM impatient and it is important...;):lol:
Your a funny man mate and it will be easier if.....it happens . :shock:
All seriousness though, hope the little guy/girl pulls through as it does definitely look different for sure!
Take care bud...
PS. Can you post pics of the DNA analysis for us all to view? :p

cheers
Roger

Cheers Col
Holy cow Scott you dont want much do ya ? lol
youll just have to wait a long long time for a hypo morph now lol
ha ha
bloody thing will drop dead on me now for sure lol
cheers
Roger

Ok got the pic everyone is waiting for
here it is
Day 4
The little guy is out this morning looking better each day and is getting stronger also.
finally got one pic of the pink tongue after 70 shots lol
If i can get this hypo feeding i think it will survive.
It has not showed the neuro problems since the first few hours after hatching ?
I presume it was spinning because it was stressed from hatching ?
Any jag breeders noticed a jag spin out " go neuro " when emerging from the egg then settle down ?
heres the pic

cheers
Roger
IMG_0261closeupreduced.jpg

IMG_0261cropped2resized.jpg

Definitely a different looking hatcho there Roger. Best of luck with the feeding!

awesome news roger :D hes lived this long, is looking great and Im sure you will get him feeding.
great stuff mate and congratulations :D

Ok got the pic everyone is waiting for
here it is
Day 4
The little guy is out this morning looking better each day and is getting stronger also.
finally got one pic of the pink tongue after 70 shots lol
If i can get this hypo feeding i think it will survive.
It has not showed the neuro problems since the first few hours after hatching ?
I presume it was spinning because it was stressed from hatching ?
Any jag breeders noticed a jag spin out " go neuro " when emerging from the egg then settle down ?
heres the pic

cheers
Roger
IMG_0261closeupreduced.jpg

IMG_0261cropped2resized.jpg
Aww it's adorable ........ DIBS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back