Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy shed today...was out resting in the open on his climb but when I went back the camera he was curled up in the corner on his heat mate and I sure wasnt reaching in to move him! He was bred by Nev and is looking pretty good I think for a 4yr old I think. Pity about his attitude tho!

He is the male who has hopefully done the deed with my palmerston again this year.

Cheers,
Dave

They wouldn't be any fun without the attitude! Nice jungle Dave!

go back a few pages david to page 128 post #1914
Apollo (father of the female post #1939 ) hatched 12-01-2005 so hes almost 6 years old and those crappy pics were taken 20th of this month.. he looks a lot better in the flesh than those pics as well.. pics are probably in the middle of a shed cycle

apollo - 6 years old
attachment.php

colin apollo is looking great

Cheers Kurt! He does keep me on my toes! Out of my 6 jungles he is the only really fiesty one though...maybe I got lucky with the others.

Colin - looking very nice for 6 yrs old!

this girl shed about a week ago as well. Is about 2yrs old and has just started feeding again. Nice calm snake and a bit brighter than she looks in the pics as well.

Hi Colin

Apollo is lovely...do you notice a trend where the snakes that keep their colour are really bright early on as babies or do they colour up more slowly and then keep their colour longer because it has developed more slowly....or is there no trend in that way ?

Just interested if you have noticed any trends in this way

Elizabeth

Yeah I'd be really keen to know that to Colin. How long do you usually hold them back before you decide wether their keepers or not?

Cheers mate.

Hi Colin, Apollo is lovely...do you notice a trend where the snakes that keep their colour are really bright early on as babies or do they colour up more slowly and then keep their colour longer because it has developed more slowly....or is there no trend in that way ? Just interested if you have noticed any trends in this way - Elizabeth

jungles are a bit of a lucky dip elizabeth.. some colour up early, some later.. I really think it depends on the lines too.. the particular SXR lines I have generally hold there colours pretty well as adults and for quite a few years.. but with all jungles there are exceptions..

Yeah I'd be really keen to know that to Colin. How long do you usually hold them back before you decide wether their keepers or not? Cheers mate.

I usually pick out a few showing promise early on as potential breeding stock and hope for the best.. when your feeding a few clutches you can get some idea if they have potential and possibly what they will turn out like from past clutches produced from certain parents.. I usually just pick a few out for myself and then sell the rest.. some of the ones i keep turn out really well others not so well.. but thats jungles.. I usually sell hatchies at a few months old and onwards when they are feeding well and growing well..

I think the trick to it all is to start with good quality stock and have several breeding pairs..

I like the clean yellow on that one junglepython2, a wicked head pattern too...very nice.

Awesome thread with some amazing critters!!

Roger how is that little blue-eyed/pink tongued jungle going? Any updated pics? Don't think there have been any for a few months :p

congrats tony :D Im waiting on a few black and yellow and a few black and white jungle clutches too, besides what I already have in the incubator cooking..

another couple of clutches just went in the incubator tonight (wed 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back