Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both have been really blurry this side.
Anyway to increase the pic sizes maybe? perhaps rather than post them in the thread you could possibly link to the pic itself if hosted on your own or APS website?Im not on my computer and there is something wrong with this 1 I imagine...

Next Question: What fungus is mysteriously wiping out frogs in Australia??

From now on if I use pics I will put them on my website and supply them as an attachment.[/b]

i am also posting another question as i probably won't be online this afternoon.

What is the average fang length for Astrotia stokesii????

103 to 141centimetres with a maximum recorded size of 200 centimetres.....yayyyyyyyyyyy me :p

Fangs that are 2 metres long? LOL Wouldn't want to meet that one in a dark alley eh' Fangs :)

Im wrong?

Heaven forbid that cant be.I got two in a tank in the shed and I measured their fangs with a stanley :p Maybe I overfed em :p :p

All I know is they can pierce through wet suits...
But I'll say 3.80mm or 3.08mm or 3.80m or 3.08m lol

3.8 metres pmsl :p, gawd damn those fangs are taller than me, hehehehehe sorry couldnt resist

I know hence I said LOL as I was joking.
I dont know the answer to this question.All I can remember reading about sea snakes is them having either 3.08 or 3.80mm teeth (not sure what species) but that is tiny and I can recall reading that this species can pierce wetsuits.I just thought I'd throw the lot out there for a guess and a good laugh lol.

It might of even been 30.8mm :lol:

Point to Sarahbell
Current Score:
Fangs: 3
Reptile Rascals: 2
Gregory: 1
Sarahbell: 2

CLUE FOR SEASNAKE QUESTION: The average length is above 5mm according to harold heatwole

I just rang old Harry Heatwole and he confirmed that my answer is indeed the correct one.
I also asked him if he remembered talking to Alexahnder and he told me that he didn't.
Ok so next question:p

this time i am splitting the point between sarah and reptile rascals. According to his book it is 6.7 mm

Current score:
Fangs: 3
Reptile Rascals: 2.5
Gregory: 1
Sarahbell: 2.5

Next Question: Who is Struan Sutherland ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back