Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p Struan Sutherland is a scientist,who developed anti veneene for the funnel web spider,aswell as the first commercially viable snake venom protection kit; and the pressure immobilisation first-aid technique to treat snake bites.He wrote books & had medical n scientific journals published.Also hes an aussie.An individual to the end, Professor Sutherland wrote his own death notice?which appeared in the Melbourne Age. It read: "Struan would like to inform his friends and acquaintances that he fell off his perch on Friday, 11 January, 2002, and is to be privately cremated. No flowers please. Donations to Australian Venom Research Unit, Melbourne University."Sounds like he was quite a character aswell. :p

Damn popp,
Well seen as you answered 1st I am going to say he is the cross dressing wife/spouse of Donald Sutherland and mother/father of Keifer Sutherland.HECK he/she could even be related to a Sutherland involved in theatre or perhaps the suburb of Sutherland was named after this broad/bloke! lol

point to popp

Current score:
Fangs: 3
Reptile Rascals: 2.5
Gregory: 1
Sarahbell: 2.5
Popp: 1

Next Question:
Should you do if you are bitten by a tiger snake (ie first aid)??

ANY snake bites should be treated similarly.Apply a pressure bandage over the bite site and on as much of the affected limb as possible.
The bandage should be applied as tightly as for a sprained ankle (about 55 mmHG)
Immobilize the affected limb, using a splint if possible.
Both pressure and immobilization are required
Reassure patient and arrange transport to nearest hospital without delay.
Use radio or portable telephone equipment to advice hospital of emergency and impending arrival.
Maintain contact with hospital during transport if possible.
If paralysis occurs rapidly and breathing becomes laboured or ceases, ventilate patient using a manual resuscitator or mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
If blood pressure falls (patient feels faint or loses consciousness) elevate legs.
Keep airway clear of secretions at all times.

don't wash, apply preasure bandage within 2 minutes, imobilise limb, don't move more than necessary, get transport to you and get to hospital asap

Apply a broad pressure bandage, immobilise the limb..and seek medical attention ASAP

damn, i thought i'd been quick on that one... :-( LOL

point to reptile rascals again. All answers were correct though :)

Current score
Reptile Rascals: 3.5

Next Question:
What am I? I'm a small python found in australia. According to Bartlett and Wagner along with the white lipped python I have the most teeth of any python species.

spotted python or stimsons python

point to nicole

Current score
Reptile Rascals: 3.5
Nicole:1

Next Question:
Why are ball pythons called ball pythons??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back