Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok kewl do u have austar or foxtel if so let me know cause theres a good show on sundays on animal planet at 1:00 called o'sheas big adventure and u could learn alot more of him than me

1. When did you first start getting interested in Reptiles?
Been interested all my life, but my parents wouldn't let me own a guinea pig, let alone a reptile

2. What was your First reptile?
Adult Maccy, called Sammy (my darling)

3.What is your Fav reptile?
In my personal collection, my scrub python - Sarif. Reptiles in general- BHP and caramel shingle backs ( I really want to buy one, if anyone has any!!)

4.What sort of work do you do?
Part-time uni student, full-time mum.

5. What is the best reptile you have bred, or would like to breed?
would love to breed BHP's and shingle back skinks

6.You most infuential herpetologist?
John Weigel

7.What was the most distressing time regarding your reptiles?
Not too many dramas so far - so when my husband said: "Right, no more snakes!". :cry:

when i was little and i got licked up the nose by a monitor at a reptile show

eastern water dragon

IGUANA!!!!!

laboratory technition/veterinary nurse and partime tafe student

i would love to breed iguanas (if it was ever legal)

my old tafe teacher (forgot his name)

when my easterns were fighting and i didn't know what was wrong

is it just me or does alot of people work in coles or woolies or stuff like that
and we have ALOT of youngings

1. I was first interested in reptiles when i was old enough to recognise them.

2. A cool little blue-tongue that i got off my friends dad.

3. I have to say carpet pythons

4. I wear green and run around the bush on occasions.

5. I would love to breed any reptile, but i think i am going to have a go at some bynoes.

6. Steve Irwin, and Aussie Pythons and snakes, and the herp forum on www.sydneycichlid.com.

7. When my bluey got attacked and killed by rats when i was younger..R.I.P little dude.

Cheers, Alan.

My Father had a menagerie. I was interested in all native animals, but loved the Blueys and the Geckoes.
We had a lot of wilds before the ban. My first own reptile was a bluey.

Snakes

Home Technician

I don't want to breed thanks.

Eric Worrell. His passion influenced a lot of us old fellas/girls.

While admiring a perfect Bluey in a friends yard, and their dog came running and attacked and killed it while we were helplessly standing there.
When I lost a Beardie :cry: - I found it again. :D

Em x

i used to catch skinks when i was little (3) and i got my licence at the age of 7. :!:

i had an Eastern bredie first then i got more and more and more and more now i have a snake and getiing more. 8)

Urkel!!!! Snakes

hitman..........::clears throat:: student. :twisted:

??? i dont know ??? mabe penguines???

Steve the pom :mrgreen:

my pansy died .....i rasied it from a bud.
:lol: No seriously my pansy died she was my best centralian she was the breeder. :(

Shadow

As a young boy my neighbor had a carpet python that regularly basked itself on the grapefruit tree next to our property. I was only 3 so the carpet looked like it was 20 feet long.

A sleepy lizard - at least that's what they're called in SA ;-)

Hard to pick one - "australian pythons"

I work at a University in IT.

My wife would kill me if I took up breeding reptiles.

6.Your most infuential herpetologist?
Rick Shine, Hal Cogger, oops that's two of them.

I had to sell some reptiles I'd been caring for and within days one of them died.

Re: "Getting too know you, getting too know all about y

Hi Guys, I'm new here I thought I would make my intro post in this sticky thread

I've always had an interest in reptiles, only now I can start to develop my interest in to a fully fledged hobby

2.What was your First reptile?

I'm still to get licenced to keep reptiles, but when I do (hopefully just a littel after christmas) I'm looking to keep a coastal python.

Pretty much the spotted/coastal pythons

I am a soldier currently working in Wagga where they train the recruits

I would like to be able to breed the first reptle I get

My mate Alan he convinced me to make it a serious hobby

I dont think ive had one yet, I am yet to keep reptiles

RE: Re: "Getting too know you, getting too know all abo

Welcome aboard Samma, that guy Alan must be a legend ay?? :wink: :lol:

Playing with garden skinks on the train tracks when I was 2 yrs old.

Garden skink collected from train tracks.

Individual? My water python Aimy. Species? Wow, that's difficult to answer... I'll leave it as if the question was asking for an individual :)

Full time student until 2 days ago!

My favourite reptile (Aimy the water python) is laying her first clutch of eggs right as I type.

Brian Barnett.

Difficult one to answer, perhaps seeing a red bellied black on the road, slamming on the brakes, leaping out of the car and turning around just in time to see it get squished by the truck behind me. Actually, no, I think by far it was euthanising my first reptiles, I had to kill some juvenile bluetongues which were injured, I nearly threw up and even now, years later, I have to hold back tears if I think about it.

Playing with garden skinks on the train tracks when I was 2 yrs old.

Looks like your parents wanted option 3 in one of your polls too

lol! I told you the universe has always been converging upon me in an attempt to cause my death and rectify its horrible mistake! It is a bit scarey, now that I think about it, that the train tracks were one of my two favourite play spots at that age. I remember seeing my first dead reptile, squished by the side of those tracks.

When i was six i got to hold my first reptile...that i remember. it was a BHP and it was GREAT!!! i am getting one these hollidays to comemorate that memory.

A adult male spotted python from jonno.

WORLD WIDE? or just from OZ? in aus i have 4. but the cheapest one that i think is really cool is the bredli.

I work at Maccas and i'm a crew trainer...which means i train people (dah). i also do a bit of volinterary work at the vet.

deffinately would love to breed BHP's.

Not really sure

Havn't been a keeper long enough to really have one.

When I was About 4 or 5, running around the farm catching or trying to catch lizards, and snakes I dint know were deadly. Had a lizard which came into the milking shed every morn for as long as I can remember, and my Aunt would squirt some milk on a rock in the corner and this lizard would come running from its hole to lap it up.
An eastern long neck turtle hatchling, my eldest brother brought from sydney in 1977. It lived in a round buiscuit tin with a rock to climb on till it outgrew it, later an old fishtank and finally the dam.

I love em all but god id love a land tortise.

Jack of all trades, master of none. Storeman and forklift driver for the most part but whatever puts tucker on the table.
Done all sorts.

Id love to breed any of my reptiles, to watch new life emerge from an egg (or live) would be an amazing experience.

6.Your most infuential herpetologist?
There are so many, but in general, anyone who promotes interest in, appreciation of, and clearer understanding of these unique creatures and the need to conserve them and their habitats is pretty cool in my book. For the sake of a direct answer, Anthony Stimpson fits the bill admirabley.
In terms of my appreciation of and interest in wildlife in general, nobody has done more to foster that than Sir David Attenborough. Ive watched his shows since I was a kid, infact one of the first shows I saw on color tv was one of his docos.

When my first python, a lovely old male coastal died suddenly one morning earlier this year. So very sad to see him go from alive an animated to still forever, and so quickly. I miss him.

Where were you living sdugie ?
were there a lot of trains ?

Montmorency, Melbourne. There were trains every now and again, I can't really remember how many the Hurstbridge line got back in the early 80's. Every 15 mins or so these days, I think. I really must go back there one day and play with some skinks. I'll probably get back to where I left off, just where my luck was about to run out :)

Me

1. When i was about5/6 years old, i lived on a large property mainly farm land backed by a national park, so reptiles were a daily occurance.

2. Race Horse Goanna - It was a wild one that attached it self to our house. . . it gradually became the family pet.

3. I'd say the crocodile, also love Western Death Adders.

4. Contract Ranger - LOVE my job. Get to play with snakes every day. Mainly involved in reptile removal and relocation with dugites, Gwardars, browns, tigers, d/adders and very occasionally get the 4 legged kind. Hardly ever see pythons. When im not doing that its usually Municipal Law Enforcment, fire duties, off road vehicles or dealing with livestock/ family pets on the loose etc. . . . I get alot of variety in daily duties.

5. like to breed? Death Adders . . . One of the most interesting snakes iv come across.

6. I dont really have one. . . . but i reckon "Les Hiddins" had a part to play. . . .

7. I come across alot of snakes that have been hit with spades, run over, attacked with various household impliments or have been trapped on a sticky pad put down for rats or mice. Its sad stuff to see. . . . .a little bit of understanding from the wider public would go a long way.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back