Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a great day for sure, I was pretty busy all day catching up with people and doing other things.
The organisers must be thanked for a great day, was really worth the time and effort taking the enclosures down and setting them up.
Hygene was strictly followed, I had to use the quarentine room a couple of times and it was well done. Only one person a time allowed in, anyone else had to wait outside until the animal was returned to its tub and left the room. Everything was then wiped down with F10.

Unfrtunately it was had to tell in the enclosure, but the scrubby on the right in that enclosure is about 9ft long, but beng tightly coiled in the bottom made it hard to tell. He certainly drew a crowd when I had to get him ino his bag thoughm everyone wanted blood......LOL

I was hoping you were gonna sic boof onto a small child Daz, I was naturally left disapointed

I took my brother along and at one stage there was a little kid running riot, screaming and carrying on - my brother looked at me and said "Ya reckon that scrubby could take that kid?"

I sized it up for a little while - I reckon it MIGHT have taken him about 20mins of minimal effort....

....got me thinking ;)

lol
Yeah there were a few kids that were running....and they kept running into me!
Got a couple in the head with my elbow another just ran straight into my leg.

Oh well
Feed the kiddies to the snakes next time?

Bah you don't count, not waiting till I got there to say Hello, psh! You deserved every dirt-monkey child you got :p

I saw one little rat-kid run full pelt into the RSP display - had the thing rocking back and forth...

Perhaps next year we could have roaming officials, armed with whips, just lashing children back into line... ;)

Hah Aslan I'd love to see that - but the whippers would have to be dressed like Ancient Egyptian slave drivers, just to add extra sass to the whipping.

Yeah, can't have enough sass...

Possibly would be more effective whipping the few irresponsible owners of the children who were around...

Aslan, I can't agree with you more. It IS the PARENTS who need the whipping!!!!

Have a HUGE snake on display with a sign - if you run you will be eaten....by ME

and sorry gaara, if you had msged me i could have stayed a bit longer and have met you :p

Who was displaying the monitors?
They were beautiful :D

Not sure whos they were but they were brilliant - definately sold me on a Mertens eventually...and probably some Ackies for the time being ;)

I had a sensational day. It was a hectic day from opening. I could not believe the turn out. They had 1000+ people through the doors, so CONGRATULATIONS to the Organisers, Helpers, Sellers, Shop Displays and the people with the Displays and Animals.
What a Weekend. Majority of the helpers / organisers & display members had not much more that 3 hours sleep over the weekend. It was an enormous effort all round.

I would also like to thank Tim at URS for those shirts. They are magic. Thanks heaps. His logo worked because a lot of people thought we all worked for him :lol: (people wearing the black polo's)

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to check out all the animals. I managed to have a good chat with Troy (owner of all those funky little monitors). I even managed to get a special little hatchy Central Beardie. There was a lot of very interested non herping people there, which can only be a plus for our hobby.I will definately be a participant again in the next one.

Well Done again guys. Thanks for the experience and to all who attended (incl APS members who said G'day whilst I was behing a table :rolleyes: :lol: )

I have added pics of Hugsta's Scrub just so those who think he wasn't very big. (One of 6 photo's I actually managed to take)

Attachments

• Mac Expo001.JPG
    Mac Expo001.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Mac Expo002.jpg
    Mac Expo002.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Mac Expo008.JPG
    Mac Expo008.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Mac Expo011.JPG
    Mac Expo011.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Mac Expo013.jpg
    Mac Expo013.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 53
What a fantastic day, got a million pics Ill put up later as well.

A HUGE thanks to Peter and all the Mac Herps team for putting in so much hard work and organisation for the day. No complaints other than the HEAT!

ST I didn't have a clue that was you mate! Should have told me I would have thrown in one geeez! Glad you like em mate, there will be more to come bigger and better now I have the Rough Scale shot!

Day was brilliant though, and next year will be even better. Anyone else interested in posters pm me, I can mail them.

Steve

Between you and Night Owl I'm sure there are thousands of pics :lol: :lol:

Speaking of which, did any one get pics of the hall prior to General Admission. I didn't get a chance to take any pics of the Display Rows or Sellers Tables etc.

Cheers

Glimmerman, I got some pics of the stalls just prior to opening and then more again at around 10.30. I'll post them this afternoon.

Cheers
Shane

Het pugs, make sure you send me some of the photos you took of my animals, I don't have any good ones......

Well said Glimmerman, a HUGE effort was put in by a lot of people and they should all get a pat on the back. Well done to all.

A fantastic day was had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back