Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeadCricket, as Khagan said, UV for diamonds is a myth in my opinion too.
But when it comes to husbandry if you give an animal a good temp gradient in their enclosure they will thrive.

All my animals get the same gradient and I find that each one will usually "bask" in different distances from the heat source.
If they feel too warm they'll go to the cooler side and vise versa.

Anyways, thanks for the comments and likes people!
if anyone else wants to share, post them up!

Do you find that some of the diamond x's spend the majority of their time in a different spot in the heat gradient than others? Sorry about all the questions. I should mention that these are gorgeous snakes and I'm very interested in their progress, just trying to make the husbandry details work in my head.

I havn't noticed any major differences regarding preferred temps with our diamond x bredli to any of our other pythons. I offer a good temp gradient & that seems to keep him happy. One noticable difference between him & the pure bredli is that he loves climbing & 90% of the time he's hanging on his branch.

Do you find that some of the diamond x's spend the majority of their time in a different spot in the heat gradient than others? Sorry about all the questions. I should mention that these are gorgeous snakes and I'm very interested in their progress, just trying to make the husbandry details work in my head.
They find a basking spot that suits them and when they're "done" they'll move somwhere else.
Husbandy is no different to any other morelia spilota ssp.

One noticable difference between him & the pure bredli is that he loves climbing & 90% of the time he's hanging on his branch.
I have actually found this to be the same with my DxB. I keep her in a 4x4x2 enclosure and have top heat so she climbs to bask even though I supply belly heat for her while she's gravid.

There all so pretty!
:)

I know it's taboo... but I've always been curious as to what personality traits would come out of Jagphondro projects? Also how do they go with the mating process, do you introduce a carpet to the humid living area of a GTP, or do you introduce a GTP to the drier living area of a carpet?

This may have already been asked and answered, apologies if it has, but what is the general temperament of the Diamond x Jungles? They look amazing :)

Might be a good question for one of the US or UK forums Wayne, i'm curious to know too.
DeadCricket I didn't breed mine so sorry I can't answer that question.

rpm-jag het albino's hatched 13-11-2011. the one in the middle has a bit of a skull head pattern

DSC04225.jpg

I was more just curious if a percentage of the x hatchies would like to climb more than the rest or a if half preferred to be warmer than the other half sort of thing.

Thanks for your answers though. Good luck, great snakes
I haven't bred any myself either.
But that said, I have found alot of my animals do both if given the resources.
Morelia sp & ssp all have aboreal nature so I think its only as they get older that they tend to be more terrestrial.

I know it's taboo... but I've always been curious as to what personality traits would come out of Jagphondro projects? Also how do they go with the mating process, do you introduce a carpet to the humid living area of a GTP, or do you introduce a GTP to the drier living area of a carpet?
I'd be curious as to what happens here as well.
I would assume (oh there it is again haha) that the higher the percentage of GTP blood there is the more it would behave like a GTP.
Maybe if any of the overseas members see this post, they could comment.

This may have already been asked and answered, apologies if it has, but what is the general temperament of the Diamond x Jungles? They look amazing :)
Temperment of the animals is the same as most other species, some are placid and others are angry little bastards.
That said, only some of my animals have bitten me when I've been careless when they are hungry.

Col, those hets look awesome!
Should grow into some fine looking animals.

Ok, got some new pictures to add.

Here are our Caramel Hypos.
Siblings to your one Jay.

Male
6474895989_2544f1b04e.jpg

6474895667_afac6cb66b.jpg

Female
6474895455_5df04d8ca6.jpg

6474897007_430960c456.jpg

not a recent pic so will get a few pics of my caramels on the weekend..
they're looking pretty good with great colour now.. and huge
DSC03131a.jpg

Colin, are yours the Darwin x coastals too? From Roger?

no mine are the SXR/mark sim line from simon stone

crappy pic but recent (on w/e) of caramel male at post 247

DSC04296.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got some updated pics of my caramel on the weekend. I am loving how his colours are developing, especially on his first third.

DSC_4278.jpg

DSC_4272.jpg

DSC_4263.jpg

DSC_4261.jpg

Finally got some updated pics of my caramel on the weekend. I am loving how his colours are developing, especially on his first third.

DSC_4278.jpg

This is one of the best caramels i have seen... BEAUTIFUL!!

Heres a few of mine from one of my clutches that had 2 different sires, a jungle RPM/jag and caramel coastal were both put over the female albino. The result were dual sires for this clutch ...
So all of these are 100% hets for albino.
Theres is a het jag and a few het caramel darwins and some normal hets.
albinofemalexjagmalexcaramelmaleclutch039jpgRESIZED.jpg

albinofemalexjagmalexcaramelmaleclutch035jpgRESIZED.jpg

Last edited:
cant remember if I posted this before.. ugly mongrel jungle jag after first feed :D he's had quite a few feeds since this pic.. will get some more pics after next shed and also of the albino jag

DSC04241.jpg

different clutch.. I like the grey looking one

DSC04347clutch5h27-12-11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back