Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And with that use of the term you are almost openly encouraging taking from the wild. How else would one know if they have anything pure? God forbid someone back all those years ago didn't have the exact same 2 locales of Tully Cheynei..... In your definition wouldn't a Tully Cheynei from one side of the Gorge and a Tully Cheynei from the other side of the Gorge bred and be a hybrid???? Pfffffttttt...

You are fooling yourself if you think mixing locales isnt making unnatural hybrids, its unrealistic to expect to somehow maintain a captive population that exactly represtents the wild type anyway. Ppl will breed what they see as desirable, in most cases that is whatever looks nice. There are very few hard set lines in nature, breeding things together just because they are currently given the same name doesnt really mean its anymore pure than something that is currently described as another subspecies. If you could somehow generate a map showing genetic variation in carpet pythons it isnt going to be nice little clear cut lines with dramatic change on a particular line, but rather a fairly continous blend across the whole range with the process of evolution making sure each is adapted to its particular area.

QldMorelias, whats the deal with hiding behind a new username.... if you and your partners were as transparent as your trying to play it, there would be no need for the shadow games.... own your creations, otherwise stop selling us your stories from under an alias.

No alias and no new user name, we simply have kept to ourselves until recent positive talk of hybrids and crosses, until a few days ago none of us were even members of APS, we simply flicked through the forums now and again. We are simply encouraging other keepers to share their breeding programs, we will add other projects and add more pics.

In relation to other people suggesting we are avoiding certain posts, if I had replied to every PM and every question shot at me, my Mrs would have left me by now for sitting at this friggin computer too long. We have contributed more than anyone else has in the past, give us a break.

how about you get off the blokes back! its no wonder people never take responsibility for animals that look anything different then the boring run of crap in out hobby atm, if he had come straight out and said they were his he'd been flamed to a crisp. hats off for having the testicular fortitude to even show these pics! we need blokes like qldmoriela who are prepared to experiment with different traits and colours, expanding the hobby and taking it to new and exciting places.

well done mate, great snakes, look forward to see what you have in 5years time!

I suppose if he was upfront about it all & not coming on with a new user name to hide behind & not dodging questions, there would be far less sceptics...
With the very limited information supplied in the first instance, they would know & expect the criticism....don't you think??
Why all the secrecy?

To bad if EPA decide to do a suprise check, here comes a whopping big fine and loss of license. :)

those are Jags,
post pics of the bellys, most jags have patternless bellies. If those are not jags they should have normally patterned ventrals

If I am wromng I would expect pics showing normal ventral patterning. If I am correct and they are jags, I suspect my post will simply be ignored.

Nick

QldMorelias,Any chance you can get a shot of the belly of the first animal pictured in the original post?

You are fooling yourself if you think mixing locales isnt making unnatural hybrids, its unrealistic to expect to somehow maintain a captive population that exactly represtents the wild type anyway. Ppl will breed what they see as desirable, in most cases that is whatever looks nice. There are very few hard set lines in nature, breeding things together just because they are currently given the same name doesnt really mean its anymore pure than something that is currently described as another subspecies. If you could somehow generate a map showing genetic variation in carpet pythons it isnt going to be nice little clear cut lines with dramatic change on a particular line, but rather a fairly continous blend across the whole range with the process of evolution making sure each is adapted to its particular area.

I have a funny feeling that mango is more than aware of this.....I think the point of the post was to infer that some of these animals may be no more of a 'hybrid', at whatever level you are talking about, than what most breeders produce, especially within the coastal carpets.

JMO :D

To bad if EPA decide to do a suprise check, here comes a whopping big fine and loss of license. :)

Well that is their job, but I bet ya they dont, as it is obviously ignored , it is a well known fact that it goes on in large proportions within the hobby, weather you like it or not.
Bottom line is imo they are lovely looking snakes, and yes I would own one, and if you dont like them, (hybrids) dont look at the threads on them, you dont watch tv shows if you dont like them.:D. But then I guess some people here probably would.............

IMO alot of people here are scared to say they like them. Like being a kid at school and your favourite show is "Lameoids" or such. But you don't admit it because your afraid of being ridiculed.

Bring it on, It will only bring more to the reptile trade. Look at all the dogs that are "hybridised"
everyone wants a Collie-oodle-elpie-dane-adour

beautiful snakes but i still stand the same.
Hybrid's are bhp food.
"Wacking day, oh wacking day. "

IMO alot of people here are scared to say they like them. Like being a kid at school and your favourite show is "Lameoids" or such. But you don't admit it because your afraid of being ridiculed.

Bring it on, It will only bring more to the reptile trade. Look at all the dogs that are "hybridised"

Those designer dogs all remind me of the bulldog x ****zu joke.:lol:... I like the look of the reduced pattern animals, but I am happy with my "naturalistic representations" of Australian species, A water python or a boring mac holds as much appeal to me as any crossed out or line bred animal. there will always be reptile keepers who are happy keeping healthy native reptiles with boring common and scientific names....And then there will be others who want Jags, Carpondros, ect.

Hybridised dogs? What else have they been crossed with? :?

Hybridised dogs? What else have they been crossed with? :?

Exactly, they are all the same species.

Even then I hate all the backyard breeding and labels they stick on crosses just to make a quick buck, its ridiculous. Id go nowhere near a labradoodleshitzpoo thank you. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No alias and no new user name, we simply have kept to ourselves until recent positive talk of hybrids and crosses, until a few days ago none of us were even members of APS, we simply flicked through the forums now and again. We are simply encouraging other keepers to share their breeding programs, we will add other projects and add more pics.

Listen, if you want to pull me leg, make it the middle one, and use a repetitive motion.

"Recent positive talk of hybrids" man I must have missed that part...

Be a man and put your normal Username to the mutts.... you slipped when you replied to "Trueblues" post by referring to him as "Rob", and the remark about Ad whipping out the pitchforks and torches everytime he sees the word hybrid.... if you want to lead us on, slips like that will get you caught out, so please try and be more consistant with the tripe your peddling.

Grrr! :evil: Damn you people constantly feeling the urge to compare dogs and snakes! Its nothing alike!

ALL domestic Dogs aka Canis lupus (lupus); Dingoes aka Canis lupus dingo

HENCE the only real reference you could make with dogs and snakes would be something like this and this would be THE most accurate you could get by comparing such:

"Crossing dogs is the same as crossing different localities of snakes"

THAT is the closest comparison you could make in reference to dogs and snakes! The only way a dog could possibly be a hybrid is if it was C. l. lupus crossed with C. l. dingo!

If I had the time, I would find the post I made that described the whole snake part as well in the Pythons are venomous thread (can't remember the exact name, but something similar).... BUT I'm pretty sure you all know and understand the whole snake part pretty bloody well....but i WILL dig it up if necessary...lol

P.S. I would NEVER want one of those discusting yappy-doodle dogs!.....EVER.... pretty sure I'm not the only one either, so NO.... Not everyone wants a "Collie-oodle-elpie-dane-adour" DEFINATELY wouldnt pay $600-800+ for one either!... I saw one for that price in a petshop more than once!:shock:
I prefer my dogs to be "locality" (for want of a better word and to get the point across that they are not a cross/hybrid) specific/pure much the same as I would prefer my snakes, birds or whatever I own to be... if it were possible (with fish, etc)

And no I'm not jumping on any bandwagon before anyone says it... I have had much the same views on all/any animals before I was introduced to this hobby... I'm a perfectionist and naturally a purist...have been ever since day dot! I prefer (locality/) pure rottweilers and thoroughbred horses etc etc etc...not just snakes I prefer "pure"...

Yes they are pretty alright looking animals, but I would much prefer the "pure" look-alike "Jags" or whatever they are/you call them, like the naturally occuring wild ones Jungle_Freak posted to those any day! (Sorry, awkward sentencing....my english teacher would of shot me! :lol: but you know what I mean)

Thats my spit for now, enjoy :)

Listen, if you want to pull me leg, make it the middle one, and use a repetitive motion.

"Recent positive talk of hybrids" man I must have missed that part...

Be a man and put your normal Username to the mutts.... you slipped when you replied to "Trueblues" post by referring to him as "Rob", and the remark about Ad whipping out the pitchforks and torches everytime he sees the word hybrid.... if you want to lead us on, slips like that will get you caught out, so please try and be more consistant with the tripe your peddling.
if you had read my reply, you would have noticed that we (hybrid keepers/breeders)have all read the forums in the past, just not contributed to them. You dont have to be a regular member of Aps to know the who's who of the reptile world and whats going on in the herp world,

if you had read my reply, you would have noticed that we (hybrid keepers/breeders)have all read the forums in the past, just not contributed to them. You dont have to be a regular member of Aps to know the who's who of the reptile world and whats going on in the herp world,

Ya beat me to it QldMorelias, I had a similar post drafted but you beat me to it. I'm always a little curious about the number of "guests" that visit this site. At the moment there are 47 members and 62 guests on line.

I don't know enough to know if they are jags or just different coastals nor do I know who QldMorelias are, but the snakes look remarkably like some I saw a while ago.

We in Australia are following the USA trend with cross breeding ect and given the number of jags and greens being "imported" I'm not surprised. I'm looking forward to seeing some different looking morphs in the future.

Ya beat me to it QldMorelias, I had a similar post drafted but you beat me to it. I'm always a little curious about the number of "guests" that visit this site. At the moment there are 47 members and 62 guests on line..

Yeah some of them guest are from EPA watching the thread like big brother:lol::lol:
No wonder QldMorelia is hiding behind, it won't surprise me if they are just fishing for buyers here, there's always a question on how Jags wil resurface in this game and I think that's what they're trying to do(just my opinion)hide them as crosses
Qldmorelia mentioned he's got loads of pm's, I wonder if one of them is from EPA LOL

I think you'll find that a number of "jags" are being sold as coastals with different tags such as striped, caramel or such.
If he is a seller then I'm a buyer.......

I have my own concerns about hybrids, but for me, that line ^ completely spearheads the silly hystrionics and pedantry that appear on here sometimes when hybrids are mentioned.

All I can think of is Helen Lovejoy screeching "WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

Mate I am not the one creating hytrionics.

I am simply stating where does one draw the line? According to cris's definition what I said would be a hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back