Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what state you are in. Ive never heard of it ever being enforced so in QLD it may be illegal on paper but in reality its passively accepted

They are cool but VixenBabe makes a good point. I wouldn't be braggin about my hybrids or crazy breeding programs or you'll find RSPCA knocking on your door and writting you a huge fine!!

People are still forgetting its illegal.

Exactly & there are a lot of valid reasons why it's illegal to cross breed..

Nice snakes or not they aren't meant to be!

Personally I don't think they are attractive...but then most Morelia bore me :p

The only possible hybrid Morelia I would consider owning would be Green! And not by concious decision. Simply by the fact that there are quite a few mixed bloodline Chondros around...

this is just my personal, amatuer opinion but they look amazingly similar to Jaguar Carpet Pythons. Well done to your mate for producing some good-looking animals. Does anyone here think that there is a line of Jaguar-morph carpets being developed in Australia? Dont mean RP but gene carrying Jags..?

looks like someone is trying to hide their jags identity.

TrueBlue - my sentiments exactly.

If you did bring jags into the country though, how would you get them established into your collection 'legally?' Offspring of RP carpets perhaps? Be interesting to see how this issue develops and see when breeders will offer these snakes for sale publicly.

TrueBlue - my sentiments exactly.

If you did bring jags into the country though, how would you get them established into your collection 'legally?' Offspring of RP carpets perhaps? Be interesting to see how this issue develops and see when breeders will offer these snakes for sale publicly.

Probably write them in with another clutch you've bred.

It may be illegal in Qld to cross breed but would that stop anyone breeding albinos up here. Albinos are a mutation and it is illegal to knowingly breed mutations. Not for or against hybrids, some look good like the ones in this thread, others not so much, as long as they are sold as what they truely are.

Alot of people have asked after prices so to me that tells me that there is a market for them, you don't have to buy them or even like them but you can bet that in another 10 years they will be everywhere, just look at America.

It may be illegal in Qld to cross breed but would that stop anyone breeding albinos up here. Albinos are a mutation and it is illegal to knowingly breed mutations. Not for or against hybrids, some look good like the ones in this thread, others not so much, as long as they are sold as what they truely are.

Alot of people have asked after prices so to me that tells me that there is a market for them, you don't have to buy them or even like them but you can bet that in another 10 years they will be everywhere, just look at America.

At least albinos are pure, I would rather people breeding them than hybrids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back