Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QldMorelia, exactly what are they please?

To my knowledge the animals in the 2nd and 4th photo's parents originate from the Murray Falls area, they were bred togrther and prodeced reduced pattern offspring that were held back, these were then crossed over a lemon coloured hypoish coastal, producing the 2nd and 4th. Most of the clutch look like these. The first is crossed with a B&W jungle i think. The striped is a Palmerston type. I think that's right, but I didn't write it all down
Will try and get pics of some of the other siblings soon

I think thats about as in depth as it will get.

um..... its done now. so good for you er i mean your mate yeah.
and he is not alone , it has been going on for a long time.
this kind of post usually starts 10 pages of fighting and disagreement.
if the laws changed tomorrow there would be 100 for sale adds.

Any chance of some pics of the parents:lol:

I have pics of the parents but dont have access to them at the moment, will put them up later tonight

Interesting info QldMorelias.

How would you consider it a cross being that Murray Falls in typically Mcdowelli country (or cheynei/mcdowelli intergrade IMO) - unless the lemony hypoish coastal it was put over was infact a hybrid?

Was the B&W crossed with a mcdowelli or was it another locale of cheynei?

Thanks in advance.

Beautiful morelia's either way, thanks for sharing.

I'm guessing a B&W jungle was crossed with a MD to create the snake in the first pic?

How would you consider it a cross being that Murray Falls in typically Mcdowelli country (or cheynei/mcdowelli intergrade IMO) - unless the lemony hypoish coastal it was put over was infact a hybrid?

Thanks in advance.

We consider them still to be crosses as the original animals that originated from Murray Falls did look more like Cheynei than Mcdowelli, as I said those were bred together and the animals that displayed the most reduced pattern were selected, held back and grown up and then crossed to an animal originating from a different locale, however this animal looked more like Mcdowelli than cheynei, it was a hypo-ish and lemon in colour animal. Therefore in most peoples opinion you would consider them a cross,
what do you think?

looks and smells of jags to me.......hopefully they will come onto the market for everyone to start building some great colour morphs.....

heres a pic of a jagish looking jungle coiled up in the wild from that area mentioned ,
the pic and locality info was posted on another forum , MP.com
carpet.jpg

also a pic of another wild jungle from atherton tablelands
P Berridge took the atherton pic and it was on his web site for years so there are wild type jagish jungles,
acr.jpg

Just something to consider
yes the berridge pic looks shopped but he was known for his shop work, etc LOL
but the colour still would have been similiar etc.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

The grandparents to the animals in the first post were cheynei from the Murray Falls area, as I said these were bred together producing a few reduced pattern offspring, these were then grown up and bred to a mcdowelli that displayed lemonish colour with reduced black. This cross resulted in the yellow reduced pattern offspring you see in the first post. Therefore being species crosses.
The grey coloured one is from the same reduced pattern Murray Falls offspring (cheynei) but crossed with a Jullatten black and white (cheynei) therefore this pairing isnt a species cross, more a locality cross. In our opinion still a cross as these two animals wouldnt breed together in nature due to differnt Geographic locale

In our opinion still a cross as these two animals wouldnt breed together in nature due to differnt Geographic locale

Totally agree - however:

Either would Brisbane locales and Townsville locales breed in the wild, both McDowelli and not considered a hybrid, would consider it as a locality cross.

Thanks for the info. I have sent you a PM.

Sorry about the double quote/post.

will post photos of some of the animals produced from the lineages involved. May give everybody a clearer idea of what was bred to what to produce the animals we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back