Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q3 Name the species of pythons whose natural range includes the state of South Australia. One species per member, one point per species. if you submit a list, I will only accept the first species listed and ignore the rest.

ARRRRHHHHH.
The two species are the woma (wattso) and the carpet (saikrett). It is actually the Murray-Darling sub-species but I did ask which SPECIES. We miss out on the bredi by a couple of hundred kilometers. I just double checked and Stimsons makes it 3 so Pinkie gets a point too. The Ehmann book (Aust Museum) has the stimsons range covering most of SA right down to Port Augusta and the Flinders Ranges (But I might take that with a grain os salt). I've never heard of Antaresia Saxacola Cambelli nor can I find any references so we will regard that anwser wrong unless proved otherwise.

Alexander 1
Wattso 4
saikrett 1
Pinkie 1
Everyone else 0

Q whatever Name the 2 sub species of the Carpet python whose range includes Victoria. Again one species per member, one point per species and only the first answer accepted.

Um..oh well No-one, Darwin/victoria.....its just down the road mate :D

First off I have to make a scoring correction :( As has been pointed out to me, the rules for Q3 I stated said that one species per member so wattso used up his turn with his Bredi answer. Sorry mate, I have to drop a point off you and award it to switch. I'll report to the whipping post ASAP :(

Now the Antaresia Saxacola Cambelli question. There is a paper here http://www.smuggled.com/pytrev1.htm that confirms what RR said BUT it is NOT a subspecies of stimsoni but a seperate species. So RR scores a point.

The corrected points are

Alexander 1
Wattso 3
saikrett 1
Pinkie 1
Switch 1
Reptile Rascals 1

Everyone else 0

And I thought this was going to be easy. Its not a good week to try and stop sniffing glue .

Now the answer to the Victorian carpet snake question is the Murray-Darling (M s metcalfei) and the Diamond (M s spilota) so Brodie scores for the Diamond. By the (self-inflicted) rules Switch first answer was the Murray-Darling.
A number of people answered the coastal, its range is the QLD coast and the northern NSW coast.

So points are now

Alexander 1
b.Wattso 3
saikrett 1
Pinkie 1
Switch 2
Reptile Rascals 1
Brodie 1
Everyone else 0

Now that thats settled here is the next question.

There is a town called Springbook in QLD. It is up in the mountains behind the Gold Coast. In that area is a snake the locals call the "Yellow bellied black snake". Its colors are, um, black with a yellow belly. It is also a color variety of a wild spread and varible species of snake. What is the name of that snake?
Normal rules - One species per member, one point per species and only the first answer accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back